News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

$_POST['passwrd'] blank after login

Started by dorje77, December 06, 2017, 03:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorje77

Hi!
I'm using SMF2WPBridge and it worked (I found out 2 users created by the bridge in WP). Today I saw a new user in WP without password and I decided to start a debug. I deleted (in WP) a fake user that I've tested days ago with the bridge (and that has been created without problems in WP). Then I tried to log in again in SMF, but this doesn't create user in WP.
Debugging step-by-step the plugin, I found that it stops here:

} else if (!empty($_POST['passwrd'])) {

In fact, the value is empty - so the plugin doesn't trigger the user creation stuff.

Any ideas? :)

Arantor

The password is invariably taken away and replaced with an encrypted version during login.

I'd personally do it via the integration hooks, e.g. the one for user login, to test if the user exists on the WP side.

dorje77

Quote from: Arantor on December 06, 2017, 04:18:52 AM
The password is invariably taken away and replaced with an encrypted version during login.

I suspected something like this. What I really don't understand is: how the hell were other users created in WP, if the password is invariably taken away before triggering code of SMF2WPbridge?

Quote from: Arantor on December 06, 2017, 04:18:52 AM
I'd personally do it via the integration hooks, e.g. the one for user login, to test if the user exists on the WP side.

Yes, this is how the plugin actually works.

Arantor

...still not sure why you need the actual password. I'd argue WP should be deferring checking password to SMF or vice versa.

dorje77

Quote from: Arantor on December 06, 2017, 06:17:16 AM
...still not sure why you need the actual password. I'd argue WP should be deferring checking password to SMF or vice versa.

The plugin uses (includes) wp scripts "saveged" from wp installation path to create users, if they are  not found in wp.

The $_POST['passwrd'] value is used as argument in wp_create_user function, as is.

The strange thing is that this value was not empty some days ago... Users were created without problem.

I only changed thigs in my tamplate - but I didn't see login - related parts.

dorje77

Forcing

$context['disable_login_hashing'] = true;

solved that... I wonder if there are problems with this kind of workaround?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

dorje77

Quote from: Arantor on December 06, 2017, 05:47:12 PM
Only if you're still using HTTP.

Well, just implemented ssl a week ago!  :D

Thank you for brainstorming. :)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

So, is this topic ready to be marked solved then?
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: