Issue with blank page on one single topic

Started by jugarugabi, December 13, 2017, 02:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jugarugabi

Hello,

We are encountering an issue that started from 2.0.13 up until 2.0.15 on two different hosts.
We have one topic on our board that we cannot acces when we are trying to open that topic - a white page is shown with no content. However, if we open the 2nd page of that topic, page is loading without any issue.

Like I said, issue concurrs in the first page of the topic and only if the users are logged in.
The page can be viewed without any issue if the users logs out and try to access the first page from that specific topic.

Anyone encountered this issue before?
Is there a resolution for this kind of behaviour?

Thank you!

br360

Are there any attachments on any of the posts on that first page? I'm guessing something is causing the server to time out and guests are able to see that page when they aren't logged in because guests can't see the attachments.

Can you check your error logs on your server and see if anything is coming up?

jugarugabi

I have used the following workaround:
first message from the specific point was isolated by splitting all the posts into a new one. Then I quoted his message on the first post of the newly created post.
Turns out, 2 files, huge, were attached to the topic and were causing this issue.

Didn't had access to server's log files, but I have tried this workaround and it worked.

Illori

Advertisement: