News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Not Acceptable

Started by andsim, January 08, 2018, 10:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andsim

i am running 2.0.15, i am trying upload any theme i get this
QuoteNot Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the reque
not sure it ur software or my web host

Sir Osis of Liver

You're not using package manager, are you?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

andsim

Quote from: andsim on January 08, 2018, 10:14:18 PM
i am running 2.0.15, i am trying upload any theme i get this
QuoteNot Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the reque
not sure it ur software or my web host
um in theme manager not package manage

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Never seen that error, most likely something in server configuration.  Have you tried unzipping theme, upload to directory in /Themes, install 'From a directory on the server:'?

- R. Waters

andsim

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 08, 2018, 10:38:37 PM
Never seen that error, most likely something in server configuration.  Have you tried unzipping theme, upload to directory in /Themes, install 'From a directory on the server:'?

yes never listed

Sir Osis of Liver

Not sure what you mean by "never listed".  You have to manually add the new theme directory to the theme path, it doesn't automatically populate.

- R. Waters

andsim

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 08, 2018, 11:13:49 PM
Not sure what you mean by "never listed".  You have to manually add the new theme directory to the theme path, it doesn't automatically populate.

corrected wont populate

Illori

not acceptable is usually an error from mod_security. ask your host if they are using it and if so ask them to disable it.

andsim

Quote from: Illori on January 09, 2018, 05:13:03 AM
not acceptable is usually an error from mod_security. ask your host if they are using it and if so ask them to disable it.
ok i look in my cpanel...... surely modsecurity on one my domain is on.. so i turned it off
and upload no problem

Illori

does that mean your issue is resolved now?

andsim

andsim

I got email from SKGold
read this
QuoteHello,

We suggest only disable the ModSecurity while you troubleshoot a problem with your software. Without ModSecurity enabled, your domains lose the extra layer of protection that the module provides.

It is better to request a fix from the software developer instead of disabaling the ModSecurity.

Please keep in mind that it is your responsibility to ensure the security of all scripts installed under your hosting account. If we detect account compromise, we reserve the right to assess an Account Cleanup fee before performing any scans or removing malware from the account. In cases where a 3rd party reports malicious content or actions to us, we also reserve the right to disable your hosting account to protect the integrity of our network.

All the Best,

Sergey
SKGOLD Hosting Support
http://www.skgoldhosting.com

Kindred

Actually, it's better if they actually configure mod_security properly
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

andsim

Quote from: Kindred on January 09, 2018, 07:06:39 PM
Actually, it's better if they actually configure mod_security properly
here another

QuoteHello,

What happen if user of forum decide upload virus or malware with picture extension?

Best Regards,

Mark
SKGOLD Hosting Support
http://www.skgoldhosting.com

NEW - Automatic Cloud Backups - protect your website from Data Loss and Hacker Attacks!
https://www.skgoldhosting.com/cloud-website-backup.html

Join our affiliate program. We pay recurring commissions.
https://www.skgoldhosting.com/affiliate-program.html[/qoute]

Sir Osis of Liver

Attachment file names are hashed to prevent this from happening.

- R. Waters

andsim

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 09, 2018, 10:25:26 PM
Attachment file names are hashed to prevent this from happening.

why they worry

Illori

because many software packages are not as secure as SMF is and they want the protection. if they will not disable it then look for a new host that will.

andsim

Quote from: Illori on January 10, 2018, 05:11:05 AM
because many software packages are not as secure as SMF is and they want the protection. if they will not disable it then look for a new host that will.
one thing i can say i have access to modsecurity not their to complain

Advertisement: