News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Mail Server response error

Started by skb, January 09, 2018, 08:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

I have 2 General errors this morning, saying "couldn't get mail server response codes".
Both are generated from Scheduled Tasks.

In the Scheduled Tasks page there were 5 tasks for Today, out of which 3 have anything to do with sending email. I ran them again one by one but couldn't repeat the error.

Nothing to worry ?

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Could have been an isolated incident, but just to make sure you might want to test your email functionality. Are you able to receive mail from the forum?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

skb

Yes, I tested with "Send this Topic".

Mail was promptly sent and received.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Then I wouldn't worry unless that error comes up more often.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

skb

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If it does happen again, we can continue from here. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: