News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Not Acceptable

Started by andsim, January 08, 2018, 10:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Additionally, it's not generically mod_security that is the problem.
My host has mod_security active as well -- but they have it configured properly so that it does not conflict with valid scripts. I have never had an issue with SMF on my site and would not even know they had mod_security if I had not asked.

So, it is possible to have mod_security running with SMF - if the host knows how to configure it properly. The problem is that most hosts are idiots and just set everything to hat they THINK is "most secure" without taking into account the proper settings.
Which then leads to the issues you see and the need to just disable the while thing rather than figuring out the proper configuration
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

andsim

Quote from: Kindred on January 10, 2018, 07:07:26 AM
Additionally, it's not generically mod_security that is the problem.
My host has mod_security active as well -- but they have it configured properly so that it does not conflict with valid scripts. I have never had an issue with SMF on my site and would not even know they had mod_security if I had not asked.

So, it is possible to have mod_security running with SMF - if the host knows how to configure it properly. The problem is that most hosts are idiots and just set everything to hat they THINK is "most secure" without taking into account the proper settings.
Which then leads to the issues you see and the need to just disable the while thing rather than figuring out the proper configuration
yes look like i got no choice i have most us company is not cheap, i in canada, i went to skgoldhosting get cheapest
no issues til i was uploading mod or theme or what not, i was getting not acceptable error
first of all i didnt know i have mod security on my cp. i would have disable them

Steve

Since your issue has been resolved, marking solved. If you have any other questions regarding this topic, by all means, mark this unsolved and let us know. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: