Wrong URLs on fresh install

Started by ScarletWavez, January 10, 2018, 12:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScarletWavez

Tried this on three servers using 2.0.14 and 2.0.15, got the exact same result (ByetHost free hosting, OVH shared hosting and a DigitalOcean VPS). I noticed that for some reason, the URL defaults to 127.0.0.1/smf paths for some things like the themes directory and have to be manually fixed using repair_settings.php. No auto-installer or such were used. The repair_settings.php file does give the correct path as the recommendation, however by default it is not set, oddly enough.

Could this be looked into?

Arantor

PHP version? Specifically, running with opcache?

What usually happens is that it gets it right, tries to save, and ends up resaving from cache.

ScarletWavez

Tried it on PHP versions 5.6 and 7.1. Not sure if opcache is enabled (is that an Apache or PHP thing?) on the free or shared host, but I didn't run it on the VPS, as far as I know.

Anyway, thanks for your answer about why this happens. ^^

Arantor

ScarletWavez

Arantor

That'd be the problem, even though I added a call to clear the cache back when this first started happening, it doesn't seem to be thorough enough :(

shawnb61

FYI, the opcache fix is in 2.1, but not in 2.0.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Arantor

Weird because I definitely submitted it for... 2.0.6? That sounds about right in terms of timeframe. Should have made it into SVN, though I didn't put it in the changelog, clearly.

It *was* talked about at the time though and I definitely poked around the installer back then.

Advertisement: