adding badges

Started by sam casey, January 11, 2018, 08:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam casey

hello i have an smf 2.0.15 forum , just a few days old . i have two other smf sites (slightly older smf versions on both ) and i have added badges to them , that is staff badges such as admin , supermod etc etc . however now on smf 2.0.15 i have been unable to add badges .

forgive me now im going slightly from memory but on smf 2.0.13 i believe the location where badges where uploaded to on my host was themes / images

so far as i can see on smf 2.0.15 there is no images folder within the theme folder . can i assume that the path themes / default/ images would be suitable for the purpose of uploading badges ? . thanks in advance for any help guys

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It is \Themes\theme folder\images, for example \Themes\default\images is the default theme (Curve).
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

sam casey

thanks for the reply , we did try that (well we tried the default theme ) but the badges wont show , in fact some of the themes dont work either according to the other admin on the forum  . funny we had no problems on the other two sites with the same badges .

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: sam casey on January 13, 2018, 09:42:21 PM
thanks for the reply , we did try that (well we tried the default theme ) but the badges wont show , in fact some of the themes dont work either according to the other admin on the forum  . funny we had no problems on the other two sites with the same badges .
The badge images should be accessible directly, so you can test them by accessing their URL directly.
For example: https://www.example.net/Themes/default/images/badge.png

If some of the themes are not working correctly, or images are not loading as they should, you may want to check the theme paths and urls in Admin -> Configuration -> Themes and Layout -> Theme settings
You should see all the folders listed there.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

sam casey

thanks again ill check that out

sam casey

SMF Default Theme - Curve (2.0.14)

Theme directory (templates):
    /home1/boxkings/public_html/conspiraciestalkco/Themes/default
URL to above directory:
    http://conspiraciestalk.com/Themes/default
URL to images directory:
    http://conspiraciestalk.com/Themes/default/images

as far as i can see above the the above theme paths are correct , if so im  a bit stumped .

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I see you apparently solved this already? :)
At least I can see your Admin -group having a custom badge.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

sam casey

i seem to have solved the problem , i had looked several times today at the paths / urls above and strangely i didnt notice an obvious error , which i have now spotted and rectified . the error was that the for some unknown reason some urls (specifically theme urls ) didnt have www in them .

all is ok now urls wise and i got a temporary badge to work so the problem seems to be solved . thanks again for all your help .

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Great! If you come by any other problems, feel free to post back, but in the meantime - I'll mark this topic solved. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: