News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Manually Processing Attachments

Started by chijon, February 13, 2018, 11:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chijon

Hi all,

I've been working on a dry run of converting our existing board (hosted on hxxp:forums.net [nonactive]) to SMF. I had issues with the converter that was posted so instead worked on building my own SQL commands to move the database tables from the export received from hxxp:forums.net [nonactive].

What I am stuck on is attachments.

How can I manually populate the attachments table and get the attachments to appear on the posts?
I have a folder containing all of the attachments from my existing board. It looks to me like SMF requires the files be hashed - is there a way for me to do this in bulk? I tried taking a few files and putting them in the attachments folder and inserting rows into smf_attachments related to the files but they do not work. Do the attachments require thumbnails? I'm looking at roughly 450 attachment files.

I have no issues with populating the smf_attachments table, I just don't know how to format the files/filenames so that SMF will pick them up on the front end.

vbgamer45

Use function getAttachmentFilename() in sources/subs.php

And also check out sources/subs-post.php createAttachement as well
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

chijon

Thank you @vbgamer45 - using the first function mentioned I was able to fix a few individually by generating the proper hash. I'll have to work on automating this for the rest.

I took a quick peak at createAttachment but it wasn't immediately clear to me what to do with it. I know enough about PHP to get myself into trouble - I'll have to look more to figure it out.

Thanks!

Advertisement: