News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Trying to Upgrade to 2.0.15... Got some test failures. Please advise.

Started by Uhura!, March 07, 2018, 05:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uhura!

Can you share any advice?

Please see the attached image.

Thanks for your help!

:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

vbgamer45

I would proceed with the install.
Then check that one area of code click #2 to get the change information and save it.
Then make the change manually if possible.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

Do you have the stop spammers mod installed?

If so, see the support thread for that mod...

Basically, you can install the update patch...  just note what change failed and do it manually - just like any other mod
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

skb

I make the code changes (in such cases) before the install. Does that matter ?

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Sir Osis of Liver

It's easier that way because you get the target code and mod code from package manager before install.  Doesn't make any difference to the mod, all other edits are completed normally.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I usually do this the hard way, to minimize any interruptions on the forum, and in case of any failures I download a copy of the file, make all edits to that file manually, install the mod ignoring the failures, and lastly upload the manually edited file in place overwriting the original. This way if any errors come up from the incomplete install, it'll be fixed in seconds.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: