News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Re: How to post a table?

Started by deciph3red, March 26, 2018, 01:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deciph3red

Ran across this old thread and found it VERY useful, so thanks guys.

Im curious as to why the editor isn't a little better at automatically generating the correct code (like an HTML editor).

For example, if I click the LIST button while highlighting 3 items, it doesn't list the correctly.  You always have to start a list, switch out of edit mode and hit enter.
It would be could if the TABLES worked that way. . . except tab doesn't work and takes you to the submit or post button.

It was be really cool to see the button itself know what the table is supposed to be.  Like if I create 3 titles (name, current version, old version) it should generate the proper tabes if I highlight it and click the table button.  Automatically add the tags like this:

[table]
[tr] [td]SMF File[/td] [td]  Your Version[/td][td]  Current Version[/td][/tr]
[/table]

Displayed like this:

SMF File  Your Version  Current Version

Switch back to Editor (Toggle View) and just click at the end of "Current Version" and hit the enter key.

Topic split.  Please avoid raising four year old topics, especially when they have been marked as solved.  Link added for reference - Iris.

Kindred

How would it know?

Also can't use the tha/ key, because that is already used b6 the browser to shift between browser fields
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: