Android/iphone/social networks competitions and smartphone integration

Started by Finn_958, April 25, 2018, 01:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn_958

I am a fan of SMF forum (especially the grafic interface and MODs ;D), I run a couple of them but I see that since years users tend to decrease in favor of Facebook and 95% of them use Android.
I integrated one forum with Tapatalk but with no results, maybe because it's too complicated for the user to set up.

To boost forum partcipiation, I suggest a SMF smartphone app directly linked with the forum (without configurations needed after installation).

vbgamer45

Tapatalk is the only one i Know. You can use SMF mobile theme. I have one at https://www.smfmobile.com

Mobile apps are hard to make which is why there are very few out there.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Finn_958

Thanks. Does the them works under Android browsers? Is there any trial version?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Kindred

Or you can do what every other intelligent site is doing and use a responsive theme instead of separate themes or apps :D
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Finn_958

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 25, 2018, 07:09:49 AM
Yes it done. Demo at https://smfmobile.com/community/ If you are on desktop click the mobile mode in the footer
Thanks, it's excellent for phone but for PC I would like to keep the original theme.

vbgamer45

It doesn't change the desktop top view. It is has modification that switches to the mobile theme if they are on a mobile device.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Finn_958

vbgamer45

The smfmobile uses it's own theme. But doesn't change your desktop view.  So if you install theme as long as you don't make it default. Your forum theme won't change on desktop view.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Finn_958

So if theme is installed but not set as default, it will work as well in Android view?

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on April 25, 2018, 10:09:18 AM
Or you can do what every other intelligent site is doing and use a responsive theme instead of separate themes or apps :D
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Finn_958

Sorry I don't understand (unfortunately I cannot test the them for free :D): if the active theme for all users is SMF (the same of this forum), how can SMF mobile theme automatically activate when using smartphone?
And if theme does not work this way or traffic doesn't come, is there any money back guarantee?

vbgamer45

It detects user agent which device use to switch to the right theme. There is two parts the theme and modification you get both. The modification does the user agent switching.
No guarantees based on traffic that I can't control at all.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Finn_958

Thanks, it's all clear, except if there is a period of money back guarantee if I am not satisfied for any reason.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Finn_958

I installed it, it works great. ;D Some questions:
1. Can you link the guide to change theme color?
2. How to change theme language (I'm looking for Italian)?
3. If an user selects full site view (Curve theme) on the phone, how to revert back to Sm4mobile theme?

vbgamer45

1. this forum has some https://smfmobile.com/community/index.php?board=35.0
2. You would need to translate in the theme the /languages/ThemStrings.english.php and make an  Italian version.
3. There is a mod in the download section of smfmobile.com that says SMFMobile Mod use that link.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: