News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Custom fields in registration

Started by adelaidebear, June 02, 2018, 04:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adelaidebear

Is there such a mod in existence at the moment ?
It would be ideal for clubs etc that only wish their own members to be able to register

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

2.x versions provide options for this by default.
What do you need exactly?
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

adelaidebear

Thanks for the reply.
Basically what I was looking for was a couple of extra fields where I could put a code number or question and answer only club members would know,so as to stop others being able to register.
It's been a couple of years since I last ran a site ,so I wasn't aware this was now a possibility. I will check it out

once again thanks

GigaWatt

Admin --> Configuration --> Security and Moderation --> Anti-Spam --> Number of verification questions user must answer

Admin --> Configuration --> Security and Moderation --> Anti-Spam --> Verification Questions

Anti-Spam
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

adelaidebear

Advertisement: