Prevent Adding Signature Images And Links

Started by KiLLuMiNaTi-7-, June 10, 2008, 05:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiLLuMiNaTi-7-

I'll be updating this to 2.0 Final. I'll fix all the bugs reported too.

Any new feature suggestions?

TurtleKicker

Quote from: KiLLuMiNaTi-7- on June 12, 2011, 06:53:25 PM

None come to mind, but I'll definitely be installing this when I upgrade my forum. :) Look forward to the 2.0 version!

!RFAN

waiting for this mod on my smf 2.0
please update asap :)

Yiorgos

Would you please update that mod for SMF 2.0 GOLD (Final) ?

www.sdtv.gr

Abandoned modifications that I corrected to apply on SMF 2.0 Gold
Simple Awards System  To award good members
Limit Posts Per Day  for over-posting members

landshark

Just one suggestion to allow control for all member groups not just post count based. In my case I only want those that have paid for a forum subscription to be able to have links and images in their signature.

webrookie

HI,
This modification is exactly what I had been looking for and to my bad luck I have just upgraded to 2.0.1. and it is not available for that.
Please do issue a upgrade earliest so that we can keep spammers at bay.

KiLLuMiNaTi-7-

Its been 3 years but I've finally upgraded it! I'm so disappointed its taken me this long. But its better than nothing right?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1242.

I've improved the url regex greatly. It should block a great deal of url's however complex they are. Let me know if you find one that gets through it ;)

Ozzie

This is a great modification. It removes the link and replaces it with "link removed", I am wondering how hard, if at all possible it would be to have it do the same thing within the general body of their posts until they have reached the set amount of posts required to add links.This would also stop them adding links/backlinks within their posts.

2000+ games available to download

simon36

Hi, would it be possible to silently remove the link, i.e. not show the *link removed* text?

Thank you.

alphacaveman

Hi,

Thanks for this mod, but I'm experiencing a problem with it.

I'm using 2.0.2 and when I set it to only allow links for users who have a certain number of links and save it....when I "Click here to apply rules to all existing signatures." The forum tries to do this. Sometimes it doesn't leave the page and basically just refreshes the page. Other times it brings up the scale and gets to about 82% but can't go further and sends me back to my admin page. I've double checked by looking at profiles to confirm that it's not finishing.

Please help.

ukhalik2

Its a great modification..
Sadly, Can't get it working on SMF 2.0.4

Can anyone please provide any fix or is there any alternative mod?

TheListener

Quote from: ukhalik2 on June 26, 2013, 06:32:13 PM
Its a great modification..
Sadly, Can't get it working on SMF 2.0.4

Can anyone please provide any fix or is there any alternative mod?

WE can't help unless you explain [bwhy[/b] you can't get it to work on the forum.

ukhalik2

Quote from: Old Fossil on June 26, 2013, 06:35:33 PM

WE can't help unless you explain [bwhy[/b] you can't get it to work on the forum.

Ops.. Sorry, actually, I just updated to SMF 2.0.4. Previously, it was working on the 2.0.2.

I get this at the top of the forum when I install it
$txt['signature_allow_links'] = 'Allow links in signatures'; $txt['signature_links_posts'] = 'Post count under which users links are removed.'; $txt['signature_allow_images'] = 'Allow images in signatures'; $txt['signature_images_posts'] = 'Post count under which users images are removed'; $txt['signature_links_posts_desc'] = '(0 to block links for everyone, admins are exempt)'; $txt['signature_images_posts_desc'] = '(0 to block images for everyone, admins are exempt)'; $txt['signature_req_links_removed'] = 'Links will be removed.'; $txt['signature_req_images_removed'] = 'Images will be removed.'; $txt['signature_req_links'] = '%1$d posts are required to use links'; $txt['signature_req_images'] = '%1$d posts are required to use images'; $txt['signature_link_removed'] = '*Link Removed*'; $txt['signature_image_removed'] = '*Image Removed*';

and its option area comes blank.

Regards

GlitchPC

I have this mod installed on SMF 2.0.5.  Really not sure if the problem was present prior to this post.  The problem I have is related to the post count field for links and images.  If I set the number to anything and save it...the number is saved.  However, if I tick the boxes to apply the settings, the post count numbers are reset to 0's.

Any suggestions as to what may be causing this?  Does this mod conflict with any other known mods?  Thanks, in advance for any replies.

minimono

How to user this mod on SMF 2.0.15+
or ohter mod same
SMF 2.0.15 | PHP 7.X | MySql 5.6 | Softer theme | SMFAds

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: