Can we fixed font use for our website?

Started by sonexay, June 05, 2018, 06:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonexay

My website default font is so awful, does it possible to change web default font?
my SMF version is 2.0.15

GigaWatt

"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

sonexay

as in scr shot it's Lao font and it's not standard font which we use in this country

the standard font we use is "Phetsarath OT" but in here is not i don't know what font is it, and it's too small when compare with English font.

I want to add my own font to the whole website to use "phetsarath Ot" does it possible?

GigaWatt

The font settings are located in index.css of your theme. For example, for the default theme, index.css is located in forum_root/Themes/default/css/index.css. Also, take a look at this SMF wiki on creating themes, it's a good reference ;).

Creating Themes
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: sonexay on June 05, 2018, 07:04:27 AM
as in scr shot it's Lao font and it's not standard font which we use in this country

the standard font we use is "Phetsarath OT" but in here is not i don't know what font is it, and it's too small when compare with English font.

I want to add my own font to the whole website to use "phetsarath Ot" does it possible?
In theory, if each and every user you have has the font installed - then you can define the font in the theme. However, it is my understanding that Phetsarath OT is currently only natively supported on Android and iOS devices - not desktop OSes like mainstream Linux or Windows. If I'm right, defining the font so, could then also make the view worse for some users then.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

landyvlad

sonexay - On an unrelated matter that's a clever logo.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

shawnb61

I've never done this, but I believe you can add downloadable fonts to your site:
https://www.designcuts.com/tutorials/how-to-install-and-use-web-fonts/

Google offers a downloadable phetsarath webfont:
https://fonts.google.com/earlyaccess
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Gwenwyfar

If you want to be sure a font will be loaded, you can use one of those webfonts above (ie: google fonts), or you can use a list of fonts. How a list works is that if the user doesn't have the first, it will use the second, and so forth. If none of them are available it will use the browser default (which is normally ugly).
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Advertisement: