Beep or something like that

Started by efk, June 10, 2018, 09:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

efk

Hey guys, I was using SA Chat for a while, but now it drains a lot of bandwidth and I really liked the way it worked with sound notification each time someone wants to chat, so other side could hear sound notification and chatting was starting instantly. Now I need similar replacement to not wait on another members for hours if I see them online. Is there some plugin for that purpose, or idea what could be done to keep things go like explained?

Chen Zhen

Just use your Simple Portal shoutbox along with the audio plug-in.
ref. Download Shoutbox Audio Plug-in

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

efk

Quote from: Chen Zhen on June 10, 2018, 09:56:09 AM

Just use your Simple Portal shoutbox along with the audio plug-in.
ref. Download Shoutbox Audio Plug-in
Does that require from user to stay on page where shoutbox is or its a global notification and can users disable sound notification?
Also are there more plugins available for Simple Portal?

Anyway this is not what I'm searching for.

Chen Zhen

If you want the shoutbox on every page then you set the block to appear everywhere.
No the current version does not give the option for users to disable the sound but this will likely be added to the next version.

SP plug-ins are available at Simple Portal forum and my site in the download section.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

efk

Won't install for now since I'm using another shoutbox as well for public and SP shoutbox for private areas, but in near future will be useful to have it aside and both doesn't play important role on my forum. This is more about faster communication with single person, so if he is online and I send him pm for example, he can get some sound notification instantly.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

There are a lot of chats, shoutboxes and similar out there. But for PMs, perhaps something like this?
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2198
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

efk

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on July 08, 2018, 02:16:12 AM
There are a lot of chats, shoutboxes and similar out there. But for PMs, perhaps something like this?
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2198
Looks cool, is it possible to add some beep to it or something like that? It does 50% of what I expected.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Perhaps ask the mod author, in the mod's own support topic?
I am not too familiar with the code of that mod.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: