News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

PM notification - how to remove PM text from email?

Started by landyvlad, June 27, 2018, 07:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

At first glance those seemed fine to me, try emptying your cache
( from Admin -> Maintenance -> Routine maintenance -> Empty the file cache )

and make sure your fellow admins settings are correct in
( Profile -> Modify Profile -> Personal messaging -> Notify by email every time you receive a personal message )

And test the functionality again :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

landyvlad

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Do let us know how it goes, and if I need to take a closer look at the code again. Thanks in advance :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

landyvlad

I does work for me, and I haven't had to tell anyone else they've screwed up yet so I think it's working. :)
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

a10

For average citizen conveniance, make it into a mod ?
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Would not be very difficult to package, but on the other hand would have to account for every language and character set available for SMF in the install instructions for it to actually work...
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Arantor

You'd package it as an edit to the PM files, not to the PM language file, and have it load alternative values into $txt, meaning you have much less effort in terms of editing and management but you'd still have to do some work with translations.

SychO

guess you'd have to change
$mailmessage = str_replace(array('SUBJECT', 'MESSAGE', 'SENDER'), array($subject, $message, un_htmlspecialchars($from['name'])), $txt['pm_email']);
to$mailmessage = str_replace(array('SUBJECT', 'SENDER'), array($subject, un_htmlspecialchars($from['name'])), $txt['pm_email']);

in Subs-Post.php, correct?
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Arantor

No,  ecause you'd still have the line beforehand that says "the message was..." which you need to get rid of as well.

So you need to splice in new language strings that don't have that problem, and conveniently leave out the MESSAGE part to not be replaced in while you're at it.

SychO

Quote from: Arantor on July 20, 2018, 06:55:30 AM
No,  ecause you'd still have the line beforehand that says "the message was..." which you need to get rid of as well.

So you need to splice in new language strings that don't have that problem, and conveniently leave out the MESSAGE part to not be replaced in while you're at it.

oh right of course, makes sense
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Advertisement: