Junk Topics and Posts board

Started by Shambles, August 08, 2018, 08:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shambles

Just wondering why some of my searches bring up results in board 21, to which I have no access?

Illori

maybe they were recently deleted? can you provide links that are coming up?

Shambles

The links don't seem to last long. I just repeated my most recent search and the aforementioned entry no longer appears in the results.

My search term was "revert theme reset" (as a new post appeared by member Humph that I thought I'd seen an hour earlier) and I was right as the earlier post appeared in the Junk Topics and Posts board but not the live non-staff forum.

No big deal. Maybe it's a timing issue.

Arantor

Or the search indexer not being absolutely up to date (I vaguely recall it runs every 15 minutes)

Shambles

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Shambles

Then it's an error to show up in search results for non-staff members?

Arantor

I think the issue is that the search index lags behind the main database in terms of content.

Shambles

I guess that might explain it.

Just wondered why {query_see_board} in the search function allowed me to see the name of the reycle bin and the post within it (although the link to the post denied me access).

Arantor

Because query_see_board isn't invoked there. The presumption is that higher up the chain where the actual searching is done, query_see_board was already applied, and ordinarily that'd be fine. But here is not using any of the stock code, it's using Sphinx and the index just happened to be slightly behind (i.e. what was in the index had a different board id to what the actual DB had, but it was only matching up by post ids)

Shambles

Arantor

I just happen to know how the search backend system works and I used to be on the Sphinx support team back in the day. ;)

Shambles

Something in the back of my mind led me to look at some historical PMs.

Lo, and behold...

Unfortunately, due to a possible bug in the PM system (which I'll report separately) no parts of my conversation in the PM show up.

Advertisement: