News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Upgrade forum 1.1.7 to 2.x

Started by guiri, September 11, 2018, 12:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guiri

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on April 23, 2018, 10:03:53 PM
And please tell me you're not on GoDaddy.

I AM on Godaddy. Is that going to be an issue? My original forum is working fine still but I was told here I should upgrade.

Thanks

Sir Osis of Liver

GoDaddy is a huge pia, but it's useable (just set up a new forum for one of my regulars on GD).  All of their servers are different, and upgrades are sometimes problematic.  Which version are you upgrading from?

You should have started a new thread, this one is marked solved.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

guiri

I know I should have and I even saw where it said I should but didn't want to start one just for the godaddy question.

I'm in 1.1.7 right now and the forum DOES seem to work for now at least.

Thinking of starting it back up 'cause both I and lots of other peeps are tired of the FB bull****** and their f'ing rules and persecution.

Sir Osis of Liver

You won't be able to upgrade from 1.1.7 directly to 2.0.15.  Try upgrading to 1.1.21, if that works, you should be able to go to 2.0.15 from there.  You may have to juggle php versions to get upgrades to run.

- R. Waters

guiri

Yeah, that's what I was told but dammit, I think I'm to stupid to do this. So, is there anyone that would do this for me and trade for something. Some kind of services or stuff?

Also, don't really know if I need to upgrade but I guess if I'm going to do this, it's a good idea.

Thanks

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Looks like a vanilla install, from little I can see.  PM access to your GD account (url/user/pw), I'll have a look.  Don't think I'll get to it tonight, it's 0200 and my eyes are shot, but should be able to do it tomorrow.

- R. Waters

guiri

Ok

I assume you want ftp access, right  or the forum itself or both?

guiri

Also, there is no rush with this.

Irisado

Topic split.  In future, please avoid posting in the support topics of others, especially when they have been marked as solved.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Sir Osis of Liver

Need your GoDaddy login, account # and password.  I can set up everything I need from there.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: