News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Embed Streamable.com Videos BBCode

Started by dougiefresh, February 07, 2017, 07:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Link to Mod

EMBED STREAMABLE VIDEO BBCODE v1.5
By Dougiefresh -> Link to Mod

Introduction
This modification adds a BBCode to view Streamable.com videos and pictures.

The BBCode takes these forms:

[streamable]{streamable URL}[/streamable]
[streamable width=x height=x]{streamable URL}[/streamable]

where {streamable URL} is like http://streamable.com/e/8l7dn.

Admin Settings
There are two new settings on the Modifications Settings page:
o Streamable default width
o Streamable default height

Compatibility Notes
This mod was tested on SMF 2.0.13, but should work on SMF 2.1 Beta 2, as well as SMF 2.0 and up.  SMF 1.x is not and will not be supported.

This mod should be installed after Tapatalk mod, if you want to use it with Tapatalk.

Changelog
The changelog can be viewed at XPtsp.com.

License
Copyright (c) 2017 - 2018, Douglas Orend
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.1 - July 16th, 2017
o Added ability for user to full-screen the video.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.2 - December 8th, 2017
o Added URL embedding code for the Tapatalk mod.

-Rock Lee-

The modifications are very good and they are simple :D more than one I will be using ... as usual, I leave the translation to Latin Spanish!

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.3 - December 15th, 2017
o Added Spanish Latin translation, courtsey of Rock Lee!

@Rock Lee:  Thank you for the translation!  It's been included in this version!

the_prodigy

Thank you for this mod !

While it works on desktop version, it doesn't work on Tapatalk, it shows just a blank post. I'm using SMF 2.0.15 and latest Tapatalk plugin 4.4.1..

What can it be?

dougiefresh

@the_prodigy:  Apologies for getting back to you so late....   Can you post a streamable.com URL for me to test against?  The link in the 1st post has been removed due to a copyright claim....  :-[

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.4 - March 4th, 2018
o Fixed an issue that prevents BBC manager from showing bbcodes.

jcarnes

Just got the following:

Call to undefined function BBCode_Streamable_Embed()

It managed to kill my forum. Any idea why this happened? Any idea how to recover without a re-install of the forum?

Thanks.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.5 - October 13th, 2018
o No functionality change.
o Updated documentation to point to new website.

@jcarnes:  I apologize for the late reply to your question.  I'll look into this bug report.

dougiefresh

@jcarnes:  I can't reproduce this bug report, nor is there any mention of any issue involving the add_remove_hooks.php file in the Changelog.txt, so I'm at a loss as to why this happened on your forum....

The easiest way to fix this situation is to edit Sources/Subs.php and remove any occurrence of BBCode_Streamable_Embed found in that file (should only be one).  If the mod is currently installed, running the add_remove_hooks.php found in the mod package should add the necessary hooks back to your forum.

jcarnes

Thanks for the update. Not an issue as I've restored the forum. I do appreciate your efforts!

Advertisement: