News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Partial Database update?

Started by Fat Rat, December 08, 2018, 01:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Rat

Whilst playing around with the search facility at v-strom.co.uk/smf the following error is returned. Is it possible that I am running with a partially updated database? If so, how to resolve please?

Kindred

No... the database version is an incorrect error.,ignore it.

Just fix the collation
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Fat Rat

Can you offer any help on fixing the collation?

Arantor

Is your forum configured to use UTF-8 or not?

Fat Rat

I don't think so no, I have always been nervous of the  update because of the database size.

I was looking at the file versions today and saw this mismatch, is this likely to be causing trouble? I have downloaded the 2.015 language files but that doesn't seem to have addressed the mismatch.

index.english_british-utf8.php   2.0.10   2.0.14

Arantor

I wouldn't worry about that part - but you have UTF-8 language files. The question... when you installed SMF, did you tell it to use UTF-8? Did you later convert afterwards?

Right now, there's two different ways data is being stored in the database, and we need to know which it *should* be to be able to get it there.

Fat Rat

I'm honestly not sure, the site has been up ten years and in that time was converted to SMF from phpBB3.

I have the option within the Admin panel to convert to UTF-8, would that suggest it hasn't  been converted already? Also, some UTF-8 language files appear to be there.

GigaWatt

It might be partially converted.

Could you check your table collation in phpMyAdmin?
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Advertisement: