News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Profile-Modify

Started by Bigguy, November 24, 2018, 02:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

I just downloaded the latest zip from GH and went to open Profile-Modify file to check some things out and my editor caught what seems to be an error in that file. Right at the bottom around line 4206. It could just be my editor but does anyone see an error down there at all.

Arantor

Nope, what error does it think it's found?

Bigguy

"Can't use function return value" is all it says on this line:

if (!empty($smcFunc['db_num_rows']($request)))

line 4207

Arantor

Not sure why, that would have broken a ton of stuff by now, I'd have thought...

Bigguy

I didn't expect to find an error in that file. I downloaded the one from my site to look at it and the error popped up. So I downloaded the zip file from GH and looked at a clean un-touched file and it had the same error. My site runs fine with this error but I am not using tfa either. Is that what this error has to do with....I'm guessing ???

Bigguy

If it's not an error than I guess I will change editors, lol. :)

albertlast

Bigguy

Guess I'm changin editors, lol. Thanks all.  :)

Arantor

Your editor isn't current, it is correct in that PHP used to fail on that type of statement, back before PHP 5.5 came out, but since 5.5 it's been valid.

I've been on that for so long I'd actually forgotten, but it also is a bug in 2.1 which claims to work on 5.4... and yet requires 5.5 currently.

PoC for syntax purposes: https://3v4l.org/NUcUo

Bigguy

Well, in that case I will just update my editor, lol. I understand what you are saying. I saw the online php editor, that's kinda cool.  Thanks for explainin it a bit more. :)

Sesquipedalian

I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Bigguy

Hey, look at that...it was a bug of sorts.

Advertisement: