News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Undefined index: actual_theme_dir

Started by manu3d, January 08, 2019, 04:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manu3d

I just wanted to report that I stumbled on the error message in the subject browsing through the Error Log. I'm currently using 2.0.11 and there were hundreds of entries of this particular error.

Digging in the forum I found a thread from 2011 that suggests to comment out a line in Source/Load.php as show here:

// Default language directories to try.
$language_directories = array(
    $settings['default_theme_dir'] . '/languages',
    // $settings['actual_theme_dir'] . '/languages',
);

Seems to work without consequences, but we have to be vigiliant as it doesn't look like the actual cause and the proper solution to the problem were ever found.

I hope this post helps other people who stumble on this issue.

Looking

QuoteI'm currently using 2.0.11
You should be on 2.0.15, I would update right away.

manu3d

Do you mean that 2.0.15 explicitly solved the problem?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

No, and I'm actually unsure what the actual cause of the problem is - it's not that code, even if it could use an if statement to check that it's not empty, IMO it should never really be empty.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Arantor

d3vcho

You probably better ask for support over SMFPacks since you're paying for the theme
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Arantor

Some themes use functionality around inheriting from other themes. I doubt that this one does because I don't recall Nibogo ever using it (far as I remember only Bloc ever did), so in the interim just commenting out the line you have is fine.

manu3d

Advertisement: