News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Install Issue - Basic Theme?

Started by avwebsites, February 05, 2019, 05:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avwebsites

Greetings!

I just did a fresh install.  Everything went smoothly.  When I finished, I checked the forum, and this is what it looks like.  It looks like it doesn't have a theme design at all.  I'm assuming that this isn't normal!

Any ideas on what happened...or more importantly, my next right step?  I do have a "paid" theme that I've downloaded.

Irisado

Which version of SMF have you tried to install?
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

avwebsites

2.0.15 - the latest version I just downloaded from the SMF website.

avwebsites

I just noticed that version 2.1 is out, I didn't think that was a completed release when I looked at it.

Thanks for bringing my attention to it!

I assumed that the top download was the latest...lol

Irisado

If you're sticking with 2.0.15, it looks to me as though you'll need to run repair settings: https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php.  Please do read the wiki page carefully before running it though.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

avwebsites

I just noticed that 2.1 is not stable, it's just a release candidate.

I'm going to try to reinstall 2.0.15.  If I get the same problem, I will try running the repair.

avwebsites

Hi Irisado,

I did a fresh install, and the same thing happened.  I tried to download the repair tool, but no matter what I do I get:

File not found!! index.php/repair_settings.php

...not sure where to go for assistance, or what to do from here!

avwebsites

I also noticed that the STATUS.PHP file link is broken, also.

I went to the download center, clicked on tools, then tried the repair tool.  That didn't work.  I then tried to download the status tool.  That also didn't work (file not found errors when clicking on the direct download links).

Thanks!

lurkalot

Quote from: avwebsites on February 05, 2019, 06:58:51 PM
Hi Irisado,

I did a fresh install, and the same thing happened.  I tried to download the repair tool, but no matter what I do I get:

File not found!! index.php/repair_settings.php

...not sure where to go for assistance, or what to do from here!

I see the same thing, page cannot be found.

I can however download it from the tools page ok by clicking on the package. 

If you can get it downloaded it will definitely fix your theme problem, it's a pretty common one if you search the posts on here. ;)

avwebsites

ah!  Got it.  I tried opening it with winrar rather than downloading it directly.  I now have the repair tool, thank you.

avwebsites

Thank you both, again.  That worked.  I did a quick scan of the topics, and didn't see any related posts.

Next time, I'll do a better job searching the archives.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

This is a known 2.0 issue, sometimes the installer may fail to set urls correctly, ending up with what is seen in your screenshot.
The easy route to fix it, is to use repair_settings to update the urls. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: