News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

2.1 upgrde fail

Started by woolly bugger, February 07, 2019, 12:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woolly bugger

Incorrectdate value: '1948-00-00' for column 'birthdate' at row 68

d3vcho

Is that the full error message?
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

d3vcho

Can you give us more details? Anything that can help... Mods installed, PHP Version, from which version were you upgrading, steps you followed...
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

woolly bugger

ok two files failed to upload

I can't seem to be able to create the custom_avatar folder and upload the two files in that folder.

woolly bugger

ok, I went back to a large upgrade 2.0.15 and got the board back up and running,,... uploaded 2.1 again... minus the custom_avatar folder and files and ran upgrade again..  this time it ran part of the script but failed again with the same message.

woolly bugger

15 - 20 were still installed all others were uninstaled

Arantor

The date can't be processed properly because MySQL changed the rules on what dates were allowed.

You'd need to go into the database, find that member and reset their birthdate to 1004-01-01.

woolly bugger

Quote from: Arantor on February 07, 2019, 01:52:25 PM
The date can't be processed properly because MySQL changed the rules on what dates were allowed.

You'd need to go into the database, find that member and reset their birthdate to 1004-01-01.

deleted offending member

but now script is hanging on

Please wait while your database is converted to UTF-8. For large forums this may take some time!
Completed 45 out of 177 tables.

Current Table: "fc_config_instances"

Arantor

I didn't say to delete them, I said to fix them - now you have more problems.

I don't know what fc_config_instances is, though, it's not a table I recognise from SMF.

woolly bugger

ok all of the fc tables were left over from Flash Chat! Remember Flash Chat?

deleted all of those useless tables and the install finished up and the forum is up and running....

still work to be done but I'm breathing again!

woolly bugger

Quote from: Arantor on February 07, 2019, 04:35:42 PM
I didn't say to delete them, I said to fix them - now you have more problems.

I don't know what fc_config_instances is, though, it's not a table I recognise from SMF.

just one old member with no post and not active in decades...

woolly bugger

for some reason FileZilla would not create the custom_avatar directory, I had add a directory customavatar and then rename it to add the underscore and then upload the files...

Thanks to all that worked on 2.1 !

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Arantor on February 07, 2019, 01:52:25 PM

Stupid question, is this something we could fix in the upgrader itself?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

albertlast

Arantor

I think the only way you could fix this would be to go through every row by hand and validate it in PHP, updating where necessary.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That's too bad, but alright. Good to know.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: