Changing hosts and moving from root to /public_html, only main page loads

Started by Koda, February 20, 2019, 03:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koda

Hello, I recently changed hosts, and it appears I performed the transfer successfully, especially after running the repair_settings tool, however if I click any links from the main page I am given a not found error.  I believe this is because during the transfer, I had to bump the files up from the www.example.com [nofollow] folder to the www.example.com/public_html [nofollow] folder.  So there appears to be some issue with the links and possibly database.  I kept the url and database information the same, and only changed what was recommended in the repair settings tool.  I am sure this is an easy fix, but I must be overlooking something.

Thank you.

Kindred

normally public_html *IS* the site root...   so, by changing your urls to that, you are likely breaking things.

If you changed hosts, then your database information also probably changed....

and do confirm... when you changed hosts, you moved a copy of all FILES **AND** a copy of all databases?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

@rjen

You are using Pretty URL's? Then that is for sure the cause of the issue: the root path in pretty urls must be updated. Check the pretty url support topic...
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Koda

Thanks, removing pretty_urls seemed to fix everything besides the avatars.  I followed these instructions:

https://www.smfhacks.com/index.php/topic,9619.0.html

I will try to reinstall pretty urls later, and I am thinking the reason the avatars are not loading is because of some mismatch with the settings or phpmyadmin.  If anyone has any input it would be appreciated.

uploading new avatars works so I suppose this can be marked as solved, thank you for the quick assistance SMF, this is why I love this program and community

Illori

we can provide input if you provide a link so we can see the issue.

Advertisement: