News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Search problem

Started by natasa (NT), February 26, 2019, 03:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

natasa (NT)

I get this message, often (after putting text in Search box and send it):

The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay
File: /home3/ekon/public_html/knjigom/Sources/Search.php
Line: 1337

Why is this happening, and where exactly should I put this peace of code:
SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or MAX_JOIN_SIZE=#

I am not a programmer, so I need a help..
Thanks.

Kindred

smf version?

database type? database version?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

This is a MySQL problem, ask your host if they can change the limits mentioned in the error message, if not, I can tell you how to reconfigure SMF.

More importantly, how many posts/topics do you have?

Doug Heffernan

SQL_BIG_SELECTS is used to prevent large queries being executing excessively. Most likely is not turned on in my.cnf. If you have a vpn or dedicated box you can turn it on yourself. It can also be set on a session basis with SET SESSION SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1.

Arantor

This is why I suggested asking the host (these may not be options), and then changing over the search method to something else to mitigate this problem.

natasa (NT)

@Kindred

SMF version is 2.0.15 and don't know where to find information about database type or version, but forum was installed about 1 year ago, or less.

@Arantor

I will try to ask host for help, and there is about 4500 topics.

@doug_ips

I don't have vpn or dedicated box
A don't know how to set this: 'It can also be set on a session basis with SET SESSION SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1'

Thanks for respond to all of you ..

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: natasa (NT) on February 27, 2019, 01:52:57 AM

@doug_ips

I don't have vpn or dedicated box
A don't know how to set this: 'It can also be set on a session basis with SET SESSION SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1'

Thanks for respond to all of you ..

In that case you must contact your host as suggeested above. Only they can make the edits that I suggested or help you further in any other way. If you do not have your own vps or dedicated box, there is not much that you can do in this case I am afraid.

natasa (NT)

I asked host for help, but no luck ...

Illori

then maybe time to look for a new host if the existing will not fix this.

natasa (NT)

Which host do you recommand? I am at Bluehost at the moment...
Thanks.

Illori

natasa (NT)

I managed to get help from my host, at the end  ::) ...

Advertisement: