WAMP Test site for 2.1 RC1

Started by Randem, March 05, 2019, 08:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randem

Aloha,

I have setup the database and installed the SMF 2.1 RC1 Release software on WAMP and all went fine until I attempted to log onto the test site. The only message that I get is no matter how long I wait. Is this a side effect of the new system? It will not work in a local test environment. Are there special settings to get this to work with WAMP?

Scams - How to Protect Yourself
Why Professionals Should Not Use Free Email Accounts

Always ignore those who attempt to tell you what to think and believe those who will allow you think for yourself

Randem

Using a work-around for the time being... Replaced the checksession() routine in Security.php with

function checkSession($type = 'post', $from_action = '', $is_fatal = true)
{
    return '';
}

The checksession() routine always fails in WAMP and gives the time-out message. I will check this issue later.

Always ignore those who attempt to tell you what to think and believe those who will allow you think for yourself

shawnb61

I use a local WAMP for testing, with no such issues.  So there is a puzzle to be solved here.

I would try DB & non-DB sessions for starters.   Maybe try clearing cookies. 

Hope this helps,
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Randem

I will run it thru the debugger to see why it fails. Also I get these errors in the SMF error log

Type of error: Undefined
8: Undefined index: http://localhost/smf/smf_2_1/index.php?action=signup
C:/wamp64/www/smf/smf_2_1/Sources/Subs.php (Line 3091)

==>3091:    return $smileyPregReplacements[$matches[1]];

albertlast

Could you place debug stop ther and check the var:
$smileyPregSearch
$smileyPregReplacements

Randem

Yes, I will get to that. I am encountering other issues. I get these messages in the php error log: This happens when starting SMF.

[06-Mar-2019 05:44:47 UTC] PHP Stack trace:

[06-Mar-2019 05:44:47 UTC] PHP   1. {main}() C:\wamp64\www\smf\smf_2_1\cron.php:0

[06-Mar-2019 05:44:47 UTC] PHP   2. reloadSettings() C:\wamp64\www\smf\smf_2_1\cron.php:87

[06-Mar-2019 05:44:47 UTC] PHP Warning:  reloadSettings(): Property access is not allowed yet in C:\wamp64\www\smf\smf_2_1\Sources\Load.php on line 77

[06-Mar-2019 05:44:47 UTC] PHP Stack trace:

[06-Mar-2019 05:44:47 UTC] PHP   1. {main}() C:\wamp64\www\smf\smf_2_1\cron.php:0

[06-Mar-2019 05:44:47 UTC] PHP   2. reloadSettings() C:\wamp64\www\smf\smf_2_1\cron.php:87

[06-Mar-2019 05:44:47 UTC] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant SMF_VERSION - assumed 'SMF_VERSION' in C:\wamp64\www\smf\smf_2_1\Sources\Load.php on line 86

The error does not happen every time thru but it is constant.

shawnb61

I think you need to disable xdebug.

I get those messages when xdebug is active.  (Property access not allowed yet.)

There's a workaround for when xdebug is needed.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Arantor

The cron issues are a known RC1 bug and a mod was released to the mod site to fix that. Might be worth installing to see what it clears up.

Randem

Thanks, I will look for it. Any idea of what it was called?

Randem

Thanks Arantor.

That MOD make a big difference and the timeout message is less frequent.

Randem

Update: All is working locally as expected after the installation of the fix-background-tasks MOD. Still have an intermittent issue with getting the timeout error using the login link. Most of the time it is after using the sign in link and not finishing the sign in then going to the log in link. Will test this further.

vbgamer45

I would check your sessions save path and permissions on that path in your php.ini settings
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Randem

All the various timeouts have to do with expiring cookies and the creation/deletion of cookies.

Advertisement: