News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Need help on Time Out error when logging in, in 2.0.15

Started by tjrpcaft, March 06, 2019, 10:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjrpcaft

Hi,

I need help on Time Out error when logging in, in 2.0.15

I have googled for solutions and found this one:

Replace:
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />

With:
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />

I did that on the following files:
index.template.php (Core theme)
index.template.php (Default theme)
BoardIndex.template.php (Default theme)
Login.template.php (Default theme)

What am I missing?  ::)

Arantor

Are you using a theme that isn't either of those? Are you using a portal?

Link to site?

tjrpcaft

Just a normal SMF forum instalation, from Softaculous, in CPanel.
Nothing more  O:)

Link:
forum.urh.pt

Arantor

Well, 2.0.15 already has that change in it in an unmodified installation... so I'm not sure what you could have changed...

Kindred

that should not have been necessary on the Curve/default theme, since that update was already PART of 2.0.15 -- the instructions that you found and followed were ONLY for people who are using a theme which was not designed for or updated for 2.0.15
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tjrpcaft

I understand that, but in that case, why do I had the timeout problem when logging in?
Something doesn't make sense.

Ok, I guess I am going to make a fresh installation on a local test server.
And then upload it to the production server.

I've always done that before, multiple times since 2007: downloading from SMF site.
And never had any problems.

This time, I tried with a hosting company, using the Softaculous script and this happens.
Maybe they have some adulterated version of SMF.
I really don't know, I'm just guessing and don't want to be unfair.
Just my luck  :-\

Thank you for your help.
Regards

Kindred

we never suggest that people use the auto-installers.  We have no idea and no control over what they may have "preconfigured"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lurkalot

Quote from: Kindred on March 06, 2019, 12:47:59 PM

the instructions that you found and followed were ONLY for people who are using a theme which was not designed for or updated for 2.0.15

You mean like Core ?

Kindred

I don't recall if core was updated as part of 2.0.15 -- but maybe.  No one should be using core anyway - it's a terrible theme by today's standards.
Слaва
Украинi

lurkalot

Quote from: Kindred on March 06, 2019, 04:12:57 PM
I don't recall if core was updated as part of 2.0.15 -- but maybe.  No one should be using core anyway - it's a terrible theme by today's standards.

Don't think it's been updated for 2.0.15, but the stupid thing is, it's packaged with 2.0.15 so how on earth can you say people shouldn't be using it.  IMO. it should either be removed, or updated to work.

tjrpcaft

Just to be clear, the themes I had were:
- core

Thank you all for your answers

tjrpcaft

Just to say that I installed again, this time downloading from the simplemachines.org (this site) and everything went well and so far I haven't got the time out error.

Advertisement: