News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[2.0] Post Approval Admin/Moderator Reply Search System Disclosure

Started by vbgamer45, March 24, 2019, 01:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

#### Description
If you have a board/membergroup with post approval.  Replies made by admins/mods will be searchable in the SMF search system.
And also shown in action=recent page as well... Affects SSI functions as well such as recent posts.

### Steps to reproduce
1. Turn on poster moderation for a membergroup
2. Post as that membergroup in causing a topic to require approval.
3. Post as an admin to reply to that topic. Enter text for example such as "hidden"
4. Then logout and search as guest on your forum and search for "hidden" and it will appear in search results.

Affects SMF 2.0.x and SMF 2.1 RC1 reported on github

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Arantor

Reason: the replies are marked approved and search doesn't filter to topic level approved - but to individual message level approval.

I actually think this has been reported before.

vbgamer45

Yeah, I saw when looking at the code. It applies to recent.php as well as SSI hopefully not to big of a performance hit.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Arantor

shawnb61

I have a proposal for this one...  I don't think I want to add the other join in there for the reasons described above.

But... 

Could we simply have the post inherit the 'approved' flag from the original post?  No DB hit...  So the admin/mod posts will not be visible until approved as well?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

live627

Check the query on line 1747 in Search.php, it joins smf_topics only if sorting by num_replies.

Illori

what about replies by the person that started the topic? not always are those moderated but should not be searchable until the topic is approved. think about our showcase board here.

Advertisement: