News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Login Issues with 2.0.15 - Unable to verify referring url.

Started by CMBurns, March 31, 2019, 04:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMBurns

After migrating to a new server which included an update from 2.0.14 to 2.0.15 and running the new forum with SSL, there is that one issue that I can't get rid off.

After a little bit of research I made the recommended changes that I found here https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Login_error_2.0.14. Even after these modifications the errors were not gone.

I investigated a little bit and found out that the message is thrown by that part of security.php after action=login2 is called

// Okay: referrer must either match parsed_url or real_host.
if (isset($parsed_url['host']) && strtolower($referrer['host']) != strtolower($parsed_url['host']) && strtolower($referrer['host']) != strtolower($real_host))
{
$error = 'verify_url_fail';
$log_error = true;
}
}

I understand that the session of the user is checked here. As this code is called from the index.php my understanding is that there isn't a session yet that can be checked. If the user moves on the login form (action=login) everything is working fine.

Any idea how to get rid of the errors?

Arantor

You need to make the recommended changes actually on the theme you're using. Also, there will be a session created after literally any page visit.

Advertisement: