News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Curve2 Color Changer

Started by SMF Customization Team, April 16, 2019, 06:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

This question has been asked a few times but either glossed over or not answered completely imo, at least, not so that I can understand it. :P

How do I make a copy of this with the default Blue scheme (for example) while keeping a copy of the original default theme?
DO NOT pm me for support!

FrizzleFried

What I did was made a copy of the default theme without changing the colors... called that "Curve2 - White" then I modified the actual default time to a dark version and called that "Curve2 - Dark"...

...though I agree it would be beneficial if the mod could be modified to be easily installed on multiple stock themes rather than just the one.

Diego Andrés

The theme authors should include support for it, the mod can't do too much about that.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Steve

What theme authors, Diego? We're just asking why this Curve2 can't be duplicated more than once with all the default themes available in this mod. I'm confused.

Or do you mean the Curve2 authors?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Diego Andrés

Not sure I'm following the discussion then.
What exactly are you referring to? The color palettes?

FrizzleFried

Currently when you install the mod it will only install on one instance of Curve2.  Evidently there is a way to hack it (from what I read in this thread) to allow for multiple instances of the mod installed on multiple instances of Curve2... but what would be nice is an out of the box option to install on multiple instances of Curve2.

Diego Andrés

Those are essentially different themes, so it'd be required to be implemented on the theme itself.
Out of the box it works for the default theme, copies of the default theme are not the default theme anymore.

FrizzleFried

OK.  We have that established.  It would be nice if the mod would work with multiple themes.  (This discussion has suddenly gotten oddly circular).

Diego Andrés

It does work with other themes.
The description provides a little guide on how to add support for the mod in custom themes.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I actually echo all of that.

This installs nicely on the default theme, but I too would have actually preferred installing this to a copy of the default instead, keeping the original default as is. Could not figure it out easily, so I just went the other way around.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

FrizzleFried

Quote from: Diego Andrés on March 24, 2022, 12:10:58 PMIt does work with other themes.
The description provides a little guide on how to add support for the mod in custom themes.

Very circular.  :)

We know this.  Again,  however that is something that many of us haven't the experience to install hence the request.  It sounds as if it's simply impossible (or undesirable on your part) to add the ability to choose which currently installed themes to install the mod to at installation (like the mods of old that could choose which themes to make edits to, etc.).

No big deal.  I will get around it by doing what I did... It just would make things easier if each individual instance of Curve2 installed could be tweaked independently.

Thank you anyway and thank you for your already mighty fine mod.

Arantor

No, that's not it either.

For this mod to work on a given theme, the theme has to have specific support for it. We can know in advance that Themes/default will work. We cannot know about *any* other theme as to whether it supports this mod or not.

As a result it's safer to assume *no* other theme supports it (especially as many 2.0 themes are being ported to 2.1 rather than starting from 2.1) and go from there.

The other thing is that you're seeing "a copy of the default theme" as something special and not "just another theme". Once it's created, it is "just another theme" that SMF knows nothing special about, and assumes it is as custom as any other.

It's a hard problem to solve.

Diego Andrés

The only workaround for this would be to have another variable that could help the mod "assume" you want the same color palettes and settings as the default theme. It'd still require to have a manually added code to the custom theme in any case.

Arantor

So the solution is to bake it into the default theme directly in 2.2  O:)

Diego Andrés

Oh that would be something else entirely and done differently perhaps  :laugh:
I was referring to another dummy var such as $settings['color_changes_default_copy'] = true;

Arantor

Well, yes, but you see my point - there is a 'for now' fix and a 'longer term roadmap' fix to be had here.

Michael Vail

Thank you so much for this! I absolutely love it!

Great Mod!

davo88

Anybody know a way to change the color of the category names on the main page?
In the attached snip, it's the white text "General Category".

You cannot view this attachment.

@rjen

Check your index.css, look for

.info .subject {
   font-weight: 600;
   font-size: 1.1em;
   color: #a85400;
}

Change the color to match your requirements
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

davo88

Thanks very much for your reply @rjen.

I tried the change in two test forums
  • One with Curve2 Color Changer installed and in use
  • One a fresh install of 2.1.1 - no modifications at all

In #1, there was no change. I don't understand where or how Curve2 Color Changer stores the changes it makes. Do edits to the index.css have to be made in another file when this mod is installed?

In #2, the change worked, but it changed the Forum title (red) rather than the Category title.

You cannot view this attachment.

Advertisement: