News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

2.1 RC2 Problems with Package Manager

Started by DragonLady, May 09, 2019, 11:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonLady

My package manager isn't working. 

Apparently it wasn't working when I first installed 2.1 RC1, but as I only had one item to install, once I got it installed (with a bit of help from the developer and using the package parser) I just forgot about it.

When I try to install a package it seems to go fine...except the package never installs.

I'm thinking I must have a permissions issue, which is simply preventing the files from being changed as needed, but don't know which ones might need changed, or what they should be changed to, as most of them are exactly the same as they were for older incarnations of the board. When I check the file permissions in the admin panel, they all appear in green, so I've been thinking that meant they were correct.

Anyone with suggestions for what might need to be changed?

Illori

any errors in the error log? which packages are you trying to install? what format are the archives in?

DragonLady

I just tried again to reinstall the SMF Gallery Pro.  It's installed and working, but still seems to have some issues, so I wanted to start over from the top & reinstall it.

The Package Manager shows "test successful" for the first handful of files, but nothing for the rest.  When I continue, it takes a few minutes, then gives me a 500 error.  But the forum reloads without any issues, and what was working is still working.

The forum error log doesn't show anything wrong. The server error log is always full, so I'm trying to figure out now what it is showing that might be related to this.

DragonLady

Okay; I think this must be the install failures here.

There are a bunch of instances of this:

[Thu May 09 08:36:27.001038 2019] [:error] [pid 24768] (12)Cannot allocate memory: [client ] couldn't create child process: /[my path]/index.php

and one of these:

[Thu May 09 08:30:12.823315 2019] [:error] [pid 12975] [client ] File does not exist:  /[my path]/upgrade.php, referer: http://[my url]index.php

GigaWatt

Quote from: DragonLady on May 09, 2019, 11:20:09 AM
The server error log is always full, so I'm trying to figure out now what it is showing that might be related to this.

This should not be happening.

I think you're having server problems. Who's your host?
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

DragonLady

I'm not nuts about the prospect of discussing my hosting here, but if it is a server problem I'll submit a ticket to them to see if it can be resolved.

Advertisement: