News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Unable to install "Alen1-Multicolor-v2" theme

Started by Nojus2001, May 24, 2019, 11:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nojus2001

I'm getting "Your Theme does not show it has compatibility with SMF 2.1 RC2. Contact the Theme author" Is there any workaround for this? The only reason i want to use it 'cause it looks 9x style and my forum is dedicated on Windows 9x :)

Illori

a theme that is made for any version other then SMF 2.1 will not work on SMF 2.1. it would have to be rewritten.

Antes

Please do not use any theme which is not made for SMF 2.1, you will literally break tons of things which you cant work around.

Arantor

Quote from: Antes on May 24, 2019, 12:10:27 PM
Please do not use any theme which is not made for SMF 2.1, you will literally break tons of things which you cant work around.

It won't even let you - 2.1 mandates the theme specify what version it is designed for in the theme-info.xml file, and no 2.0 theme would.

Antes

Quote from: Arantor on May 24, 2019, 01:31:58 PM
Quote from: Antes on May 24, 2019, 12:10:27 PM

It won't even let you - 2.1 mandates the theme specify what version it is designed for in the theme-info.xml file, and no 2.0 theme would.

Ofc, but you can work-around that with install file but after that hell breaks loose :D

Arantor

If someone doesn't know this is a requirement, it limits their ability to work around it ;)

Advertisement: