Package/Mod uninstall trouble

Started by kitegnome, August 13, 2019, 07:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitegnome

I'm having trouble uninstalling a mod. I've been having trouble with the package manager since moving my forum (2.1 RC2) a couple of days ago.

I may have changed something, and in a last-try effort, I'm trying to uninstall and delete a mod, planning to re-install. I'm at the limit of my skillset and patience, so if someone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Please see the attached screenshots. Thanks!

Bigguy

In the first screen you posted you see the error. To the far left of the error you see a small piece of paper. Click on that and a popup will show. It will have the edits that must be done to the Load.php file. Download that file to your desktop and open the Load.php file and do the edits. Uninstall the mod and than upload your edited Load.php file. That should be all you have to do.

kitegnome

Thanks for your reply. My second attachment should be the file changes notes?

I'm now officially out of my depth. Did I do something to cause this error, or are these kind of file changes par for the course? Is the goal of these changes to make the mod work for me, or to let me uninstall it and try again?

Bigguy

No you did nothing wrong. Sometimes when more than one mod is installed more of the code gets moved around and that makes it difficult for mods to be installed or uninstalled. That second screenshot is not what I was talking about. In your first screenshot under the heading "Type" you can see numbers. Look at 5, 1. See right there, to the left of the 1. You will see a small paper and pen icon. Click on it. It will tell you what edits need done.

kitegnome

Forgive me for being a little slow on the uptake. When I click on that note icon, what pops up is the ezPortal_uninstall2.png screenshot. Same as when I copy it into notepad.

The 8(9) lines at the bottom are the existing code. Should these be replaced by everything above that? If so, will that fix the linktree problem that prompted all of this, so I don't need to uninstall ezPortal at all?

Bigguy

If you want to uninstall ez portal than you would make those edits, then uninstall and then upload your edited file. If it is working right now but your forum isn't working the way it should, maybe all you need to do is upload repair_settings.php and run it in your browser to make sure everything is good.

What is repair_settings.php?

kitegnome

Quote from: Bigguy on August 13, 2019, 12:08:47 PM
If you want to uninstall ez portal than you would make those edits, then uninstall and then upload your edited file. If it is working right now but your forum isn't working the way it should, maybe all you need to do is upload repair_settings.php and run it in your browser to make sure everything is good.

What is repair_settings.php?

Excuse me for this, but huh? I edit the file, delete ezPortal, and then upload the same file I've already edited, which is already in the sources directory on my server?

My goal is not to uninstall/delete ezPortal for good, just to fix my problem. ezPortal works great mostly, it was just messing up the link tree menu.

I've already used repair_settings.php after I moved the site a couple days ago, and it did a great job. My forum works pretty well so far, so no issues there. The only problem is this thing with the packages.

Which brings me back to my previous question -
Quote from: kitegnome on August 13, 2019, 08:58:31 AM
Forgive me for being a little slow on the uptake. When I click on that note icon, what pops up is the ezPortal_uninstall2.png screenshot. Same as when I copy it into notepad.

The 8(9) lines at the bottom are the existing code.(?) Should these be replaced by everything above that? If so, will that fix the linktree problem that prompted all of this, so I don't need to uninstall ezPortal at all?

Thanks again!

Bigguy

Ez Portal is the mod you want to uninstall right ? But you can't because when you try you get an error. That error is with Load.php. So, you have to download Load.php, edit it with the edits from the second screenshot. Then you want to uninstall the mod whether it gives errors or not after it is uninstalled upload and overwrite the Load.php file you have on the server with the one you edited on your desktop. This will uninstall ez portal. After you do that if you want to install it again, go right ahead. It should install fine. Do not delete the mod, that does not uninstall it.

kitegnome

I'm going to read through that again a couple times to make sure I've got it right.

I still have the question of exactly what to edit. The 8 lines at the bottom are the existing code.(?) Should these be replaced by everything above that?

Bigguy

If ez portal is installed the code at the top of that pic should be in Load.php. ez portal needs that code to run proper. So if it is installed right now and the 8 lines of code are there, than all you should have to do is edit Load.php to include the code at the top of that pic.

kitegnome

Thank you for your attempt to help!

I wound up doing exactly what I feared, which is breaking something in my forum. I look at a page of PHP, and it might as well be Aramaic in braille. ;-)

The site seems to work fine if you don't count the several hundred error messages stacked up. I guess I need to either scrap it and reinstall, or find and pay somebody to fix it for me. Yeah, and the sidebar I lost in the process. :-)

vbgamer45

Attach your Load.php from your Sources folder.
I can remove the old ezportal code for you to install the new version.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

kitegnome

Thanks!

Looks like every error message is some variant of this -

Type of error: Undefined
8: Undefined index: ezp_forum_tab
https://thekitegnome.com/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;desc;start=0
/home/customer/www/thekitegnome.com/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php (Line 2259)

Bigguy

Quote from: kitegnome on August 13, 2019, 04:06:42 PM
Thank you for your attempt to help!

I wound up doing exactly what I feared, which is breaking something in my forum. I look at a page of PHP, and it might as well be Aramaic in braille. ;-)

The site seems to work fine if you don't count the several hundred error messages stacked up. I guess I need to either scrap it and reinstall, or find and pay somebody to fix it for me. Yeah, and the sidebar I lost in the process. :-)

I'm sorry I was not able to help. Your in good hands now though.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

kitegnome

Thank you! Are there any other files that a mod would have changed, or should I be OK with trying to reinstall it? Or, maybe not?

vbgamer45

Not if you did the uninstall. All should be good since that was the only one that failed.

When you reinstall make sure you grab the latest version.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

kitegnome

Advertisement: