VigLink

Started by lurkalot, December 12, 2010, 06:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Reid

No worries.

Thanks for reminding me about this mod! I've updated it for the latest version.

Might even do a new version and add some options.

Tony Reid

Affltr

Hi,

I have latest smf installed and I downloaded viglink mod. For some reason it's not working. Can you help me please?

Tony Reid

You need to provide a link to the site in question.

Also, have you put your viglink key into 'Features and Options' within your admin panel - the code will not show until you do.
Tony Reid

lurkalot

Quote from: Tony Reid on February 04, 2017, 03:09:43 PM
No worries.

Thanks for reminding me about this mod! I've updated it for the latest version.

Might even do a new version and add some options.

Tony, this new version wasn't working for me either, so I checked out and found the wrong code was being inserted by the viglink mod.  It now works for me after making the edits below.  A couple of spaces I got rid of, but I think the mistake is on line 5 below.

s.src = '//cdn.viglink.com/api\vglnk.js';
s.src = '//cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js';

This is what the mod is installing.

<script type="text/javascript">
   var vglnk = { key: '9bee911c536b528fc55046a68b57289c' };

(function(d, t) {
    var s = d.createElement(t);  s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true;
    s.src = '//cdn.viglink.com/api\vglnk.js';
    var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r);
   }(document, 'script'));
</script>

Should be,

<script type="text/javascript">
  var vglnk = { key: '9bee911c536b528fc55046a68b57289c' };

(function(d, t) {
    var s = d.createElement(t); s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true;
    s.src = '//cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js';
    var r = d.getElementsByTagName(t)[0]; r.parentNode.insertBefore(s, r);
  }(document, 'script'));
</script>

andsim

need new version before i i can install on new smf 2.X

lurkalot

Quote from: andsim on June 19, 2017, 12:19:37 AM
need new version before i i can install on new smf 2.X

A bit late on parade,  :-[ but just to say the latest version v1.0.1 should install and work ok on 2.1 using "Install emulating 2.0.15" 

Viglink mod now updated v1.0.1 for 2.0.15

njtweb

Is anybody using this, specifically with success? I am using adsense and just recently, (yesterday) disabled media.net. I was making nothing with media.net. The publishing service stinks. I make about $50 or more a month with adsense. If somebody is using viglink can you post a link to your site so I can see what it is and how it works?

lurkalot

I already answered this for you, but for anyone else who's wondering.   Can't confess to making much money, as I don't have much traffic or member activity.  But I do use it on my sites, and occasionally you can get lucky if someone clicks the right link and or makes a purchase.

If you go visit one of my articles as an example, https://guitaristguild.com/index.php?page=amplitube-4 

You'll notice throughout the text there's a few words highlighted in orange, if you hover over these you should see a disclosure which says, "Link added by Viglink"  So basically its picked out some words and linked them to products from the merchants they have on their list.  You can also add links yourself by going through their merchant explorer and finding products you'd like to share, and adding a link to them.  They will automatically affiliate.  (note I changed those links to orange via adding a little css).

There is a few other tools on their site, which you can use to share links with social media etc.

Advertisement: