Trying to look at sent PM messages I get error incompatible with sql_mode=only_f

Started by StallionFire, September 05, 2019, 10:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StallionFire

I tried some tips to remove the "only_full_group_by" from the sql modes and I get another error saying I need super user.

I use hxxp:nfoservers.com [nonactive] as my web host.  They told me I can't remove it because they don't give out super user.

They gave me this suggestion: 

1. Add a SQL command before the query that overrides the session variables and removes ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY, such as this one:

SET SESSION sql_mode = '';

My problem is that I don't know what file to edit or make to do this.

I am running Simple Machines 2.0.15 with simple portal 2.3.7

Also this is my exact error when I click on sent items:   

Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'webrat_smfdmgamers.pm.id_pm' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by
File: /usr/www/webrat/public/dmforum/Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 700

Can anyone help?

Thank You.

vbgamer45

Yes in \Sources\Subs-Db-mysql.php line 807
Change

if (isset($mysql_set_mode) && $mysql_set_mode === true)
$smcFunc['db_query']('', 'SET sql_mode = \'\', AUTOCOMMIT = 1',
array(),
false
);

To

$smcFunc['db_query']('', 'SET sql_mode = \'\',
array(),
false
);

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

StallionFire

I replaced the code to what you have in your last post.  I now get a new error when even trying to get to the site url.

ERROR:       

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'query_see_board' (T_STRING), expecting ',' or ')' in /usr/www/webrat/public/dmforum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 842

Any Ideas ?

See file attached.

Thanks again.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

StallionFire

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

StallionFire

I can log in now and check my mail. but when I try to see sent messages it gives me this error.

Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'webrat_smfdmgamers.pm.id_pm' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by

See attached PersonalMessage.php if you need it.

Thanks,

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

StallionFire

Still getting the same error message.

Everything else on the site works.  It only happens on sent messages when you try to view them.  All messages get delivered when sent.

Advertisement: