[Theme] Amber (SMF v1.1RC1 - v1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, November 16, 2005, 07:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

Open up index.template.php and search for "<b>News</b>" and "<b>Stats</b>".

Dresdan

Is anyone here using the Amber_tp theme and if so have you been able to add new buttons to the link bar at the top?  I'm trying to add a chat and mod button.  I've tried using the codes for the regular amber theme and keep getting a parse error.

bloc

If its the tp version made by me, it should be the same? The menu section is the same, just have 2 extra buttons for forum and tpadmin.

Dresdan

Yes it is your theme, Bloc and I just figured it out.  I've been playing with it most of the night.  I'm a total nOOb with php.  Nothing posted over at your board would work for me everything I tried that they posted gave me a parse error of some kind, so I kind of took everything I learned from there, looked in the index.template.php to see how you coded the other buttons, and I came up with this

// Show the [chat], [shop] and [your] buttons.
    echo $tab1, $ca== 'chat' ? '1' : '2' , '"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=chat" target="_blank">Chat</a></td>';

It now shows up perfectly and works flawlessly.  Now that I have this working, I will just/copy paste the same line again under it and change the particulars for the shop or any other mods I may install.  For others running into this, I added that code before this line in the amber 1.1rc1 index.template.php
// If the user is a guest, show [login] and [register] buttons.

By the way the theme is awsome and I just started playing around with all the things Tinyportal does.  Simply incredible work Bloc, thank you! :D

Chelle

I have not yet put this on my forum but I will.  I just wanted to add my 'Awesome work' to the thread.  I echo the sentiment that the colors enable this to be something as changing the header if you wanted to make it seasonal.  Great job.  Can't wait to UL it and install it.
Disclaimer: The above post may contain elements of cheekiness.

My eccentricity has nothing to do with my stabilization

Redsmurf

Great theme!

How do you change the primary background color?  The color code is #CBD4DD.   Can't find it  ??

SoaringUSAEagle

Quote from: Redsmurf on December 21, 2005, 06:24:47 PM
Great theme!

How do you change the primary background color?  The color code is #CBD4DD.   Can't find it  ??

It's either in index.template.php or style.css

- Jeff

dunz

Great Theme thanks for all your work.  I am having one problem with the background color of the help popup windows coming out black which makes it hard to read.  How can I set the color of the background for the help popup windows?

soulmanpete

bloc your best theme yet  :)
just trying to change the colour  of the title instead of white to Dk Blue how do I do it ?
TY

lovesall

I tried installing this theme and I get the following error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tportal_sidebar()

Any help?

Dannii

You have installed the Tinyportal version without having installed Tinyportal.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

lovesall

is there a version of tiny portal that will work with RC1?  and where can I get it from? 

bloc

Try http://www.tinyportal.net

But did you download Amber from this topic..?

lovesall

No, I have the original Amber from this thread. I also have a modified AmberTP

My problem is, I can't seem to find any themes that work with the users online today mod. I also need help modifying the buttons to include an arcade button

bloc

Users online mod? Is that Fasan's version or the other one?

bimbam

Hi Bloc, nice theme by the way, thanks for that.

One question - I'm trying to add an extra button to the top menu, which will just link back to my main site.

I saw on a previous page that you suggested this to someone:

Quote from: Bloc on November 27, 2005, 06:36:47 PM
:) Thanks for the flowers..

ok, you need first to open up index.template.php and find "function template_menu();" and this line:
echo $tab1, $ca== 'home' ? '1' : '2' , '"><a href="', $scripturl, '">'.$txt[103]. '</a></td>';

Put this on the next line:
echo $tab1, '2"><a href="http://path-to-peace.com/chat/">P2PChat</a></td>';

then find this line:
echo $tab1, $ca== 'logout' ? '1' : '2' , '"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=logout;sesc='.$context['session_id'].'">'.$txt[108]. '</a></td>';

and add on the next line:
echo $tab1, '2"><a href="http://path-to-peace.com/zimzim2.html">Path-To-Peace</a></td>';

I tried to do that, but when I opened up index.template.php I don't have a section where it says "function template_menu();" .  It says template_menu(); but that is it, and there is nothing below it linkt he line you said about above.

Is it possible for me to attach my file so you can see for yourself?  The link to my forum if you need to look is www.pressstartonline.co.uk/forum [nofollow]

Cheers mate.

Miko

Hi Bloc, your theme is Awesome!
Really love it,
Just 1 little thing, i installed SMF 1.1 RC2 first befor installing your theme,
now i have a little problem with post reply's, my smileys have a link border around them.
Would you have any idea how to fix this.
Thnx man

lovesall

anyone know where I can get the TP version of this theme?  I'm doing a fresh install and need it

Miko

PSD file:
hxxp:www.tinyportal.net/files/download.php?file=amber_psd.rar [nonactive]

bloc

Updated to be used with SMF 1.1RC2. See first post for download link.

Advertisement: