News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF showing its age?

Started by MacGig, February 17, 2020, 06:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGig

found this in my profile. does anyone use AIM anymore?     is it me or is SMF showing its age? 

AIM
This is your AOL Instant Messenger nickname

vbgamer45

Yeah all them are gone in seems like AIM, YIM, MSN
In 2.1.x you can easily turn profiles on or off.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

MacGig

Im using 2.0.17 so I guess I'm stuck with it for now.

Illori

they can be turned off in the admin panel in SMF 2.0 as well. which has been done here now.

GigaWatt

Quote from: Illori on February 17, 2020, 08:01:59 PM
they can be turned off in the admin panel in SMF 2.0 as well. which has been done here now.

And where would this option be ???... because I thought they were hard coded, that's why I've never even bothered to try and remove them :P :D.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

shadav

Quote from: GigaWatt on January 03, 2021, 03:57:25 PM
Quote from: Illori on February 17, 2020, 08:01:59 PM

And where would this option be ???... because I thought they were hard coded, that's why I've never even bothered to try and remove them :P :D.

in your admin under configuration
Features and Options > Profile Fields

uncheck the boxes for active and save

GigaWatt

Ummm... is this in 2.0.x or in 2.1? I can't seem to find it :-\. The only things I've got in Features and Options is "General", "Layout", "Signatures" and "Who's Online".
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

Illori

Quote from: GigaWatt on January 03, 2021, 04:14:04 PM
Ummm... is this in 2.0.x or in 2.1? I can't seem to find it :-\. The only things I've got in Features and Options is "General", "Layout", "Signatures" and "Who's Online".

you need to enable advanced profile fields under core features... dont forget to save the page.

GigaWatt

Quote from: Illori on January 03, 2021, 04:44:41 PM
you need to enable advanced profile fields under core features... dont forget to save the page.

Yep, that was it ;). Thanks ;).

Advertisement: