No Admin account on new forum.

Started by TP100, June 11, 2020, 11:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TP100

i got a host and downloaded SMF to start a new forum, problem is I have no admin account so I can't access the control panel.

Kindred

if you did the installation, then you have an admin account.

You literally can not install the forum software without creating an account.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shadav

what do you mean you have no admin account? when you installed it, you set up your admin account (which is your account)
after logging into the forum you should see a link to the admin, otherwise you can try to type in your url/admin and then a log in should show up

Shambles

Maybe the OP hasn't yet installed the software due to not having credentials to his cPanel account?

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Shambles on June 11, 2020, 02:41:47 PM
Maybe the OP hasn't yet installed the software due to not having credentials to his cPanel account?

I think that this is the case.

shadav

i swear that part wasn't there when i replied....  ??? either that or i misread it thinking they meant control panel as in admin control panel and not cpanel....
how would they upload and install it without cpanel access? you'd need cpanel to have ftp access or some sort of file upload manager, at least I'd think so anyways....

Advertisement: