Curve Reborn

Started by shadav, October 28, 2021, 06:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadav

Quote from: rcane on January 28, 2022, 06:53:32 PM
Quote from: Dave J on January 28, 2022, 05:22:57 PM
Quote from: rcane on January 28, 2022, 01:25:10 PMand is the unlabeled package the one for 2.0.19?

I'm sorry I don't understand the part 'unlabeled package'.

The version I have installed is 2.0.18 which is basically the same as 2.0.19 except shadav changed a gif and also changed the version to respresent it now works with 2.0.19.

I meant that there are two files in the packages.  One just named for the theme and one includes 2.0.18 in the file name.   The version-less-named one is slightly larger. 

I just wanted to get the proper download.

as mentioned the second one is for 2.0.19
the first one is for 2.0.18 (as implied by the version number after it's name :) )
Quote from: shadav on January 27, 2022, 08:16:45 PMthe second one is the one for 2.0.19
(the first one says 2.0.18 ;) )

it should be responsive, yes, to the best of my abilities any

side note, there are some file differences in the theme between the 2.0.18 and 2.0.19 versions (not many, but a few as per the file differences between the two versions)

Quote from: rcane on January 28, 2022, 07:03:44 PMIt's good.  Checked the installed version in SMF and it say .19.

Small drift, but can you replace / remove the header background?  The triangularly-tiled image?  Love the color but need to complement the logo that is going in there.
are you only wanting to remove the header image from one of the variants or from all of the themes variants?

in the css folder for the theme
open the index_VARIENTNAME.css
find
#header .frame {change the background part to whatever you want

rcane

Quote from: shadav on January 29, 2022, 12:48:04 AM
Quote from: rcane on January 28, 2022, 06:53:32 PM
Quote from: Dave J on January 28, 2022, 05:22:57 PM
Quote from: rcane on January 28, 2022, 01:25:10 PMand is the unlabeled package the one for 2.0.19?

I'm sorry I don't understand the part 'unlabeled package'.

The version I have installed is 2.0.18 which is basically the same as 2.0.19 except shadav changed a gif and also changed the version to respresent it now works with 2.0.19.

I meant that there are two files in the packages.  One just named for the theme and one includes 2.0.18 in the file name.   The version-less-named one is slightly larger. 

I just wanted to get the proper download.

as mentioned the second one is for 2.0.19
the first one is for 2.0.18 (as implied by the version number after it's name :) )
Quote from: shadav on January 27, 2022, 08:16:45 PMthe second one is the one for 2.0.19
(the first one says 2.0.18 ;) )

it should be responsive, yes, to the best of my abilities any

side note, there are some file differences in the theme between the 2.0.18 and 2.0.19 versions (not many, but a few as per the file differences between the two versions)

Quote from: rcane on January 28, 2022, 07:03:44 PMIt's good.  Checked the installed version in SMF and it say .19.

Small drift, but can you replace / remove the header background?  The triangularly-tiled image?  Love the color but need to complement the logo that is going in there.
are you only wanting to remove the header image from one of the variants or from all of the themes variants?

in the css folder for the theme
open the index_VARIENTNAME.css
find
#header .frame {change the background part to whatever you want

Thanks.  just want to experiment

it's a nice theme.

Dave J

Quote from: rcane on January 29, 2022, 12:56:04 AMit's a nice theme.

That's exactly what I thought.
My problem with it is not it's fault but because I have a few javascript apps running on the potal page it throws up errors, there not big but they are there. My default theme now is one that I have tinkered with and has very minimal errors
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Dave J

shadav,

Will you be upgrading this theme for SMF2.1 when it goes gold?
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

shadav

Quote from: Dave J on January 29, 2022, 06:59:26 AMshadav,

Will you be upgrading this theme for SMF2.1 when it goes gold?
:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: eventually

rcane

Can you assign a header.png that's for mobile display?  The replacement I inserted really doesn't work for smaller dimension viewers.

rcane

So, using an iPhone, if I add this page of my site to the home screen it will connect, but the address bar / reload button and other iOS functions at the top of the browser window are completely gone.

If I start from scratch in a window and type the URL the site appears just fine.  Is this a part of this theme?

I've only used one other theme since starting all this so I'm not sure.

I also can't find the social media icons anywhere to pull them from the footer.

shadav

Quote from: rcane on January 29, 2022, 02:14:21 PMCan you assign a header.png that's for mobile display?  The replacement I inserted really doesn't work for smaller dimension viewers.

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean....the header image (as well as everything else) *should* adjust to the screen size

in responsive.css

#wrapper, div#wrapper {
width: 100% !important;
min-width: 240px !important;
max-width: 720px !important;}

Quote from: rcane on January 29, 2022, 05:22:04 PMSo, using an iPhone, if I add this page of my site to the home screen it will connect, but the address bar / reload button and other iOS functions at the top of the browser window are completely gone.

If I start from scratch in a window and type the URL the site appears just fine.  Is this a part of this theme?

I've only used one other theme since starting all this so I'm not sure.

again sorry I don't understand what you mean by this...that is normal on my iphone only the url is displayed, you pull the screen down and the navigation bar on the bottom will show up or continue to hold and pull the screen down to refresh the screen

Quote from: rcane on January 29, 2022, 05:22:04 PMI also can't find the social media icons anywhere to pull them from the footer.

you don't want the social sharing option?

in index.template.php find and remove

echo '
<script>

var a2a_config = a2a_config || {};
a2a_config.thanks = {
    postShare: true,
    ad: true
};

a2a_config.onclick = 2;
a2a_config.show_title = 1;
a2a_config.num_services = 10;
a2a_config.orientation = "up";

a2a_config.color_main = "F66B1F";
a2a_config.color_border = "F66B1F";
a2a_config.color_bg = "003200";
a2a_config.color_link_text = "F66B1F";
a2a_config.color_link_text_hover = "FFAC63";

a2a_config.prioritize = ["amazon_wish_list", "aol_mail", "balatarin", "bibsonomy", "bitty_browser", "blinklist", "blogger", "blogmarks", "bookmarks_fr", "box_net", "buffer", "care2_news", "citeulike", "copy_link", "design_float", "diary_ru", "diaspora", "digg", "diglog", "diigo", "douban", "draugiem", "dzone", "email", "evernote", "facebook", "facebook_messenger", "fark", "flipboard", "folkd", "google_gmail", "google_bookmarks", "google_classroom", "hacker_news", "hatena", "houzz", "instapaper", "kakao", "kik", "kindle_it", "known", "line", "linkedin", "livejournal", "mail_ru", "mastodon", "mendeley", "meneame", "mewe", "mix", "mixi", "myspace", "netvouz", "odnoklassniki", "outlook_com", "papaly", "pinboard", "pinterest", "plurk", "pocket", "print", "printfriendly", "protopage_bookmarks", "pusha", "qzone", "reddit", "rediff", "refind", "renren", "sina_weibo", "sitejot", "skype", "slashdot", "sms", "stocktwits", "svejo", "symbaloo_bookmarks", "telegram", "threema", "trello", "tuenti", "tumblr", "twiddla", "twitter", "typepad_post", "viadeo", "viber", "vk", "wanelo", "wechat", "whatsapp", "wordpress", "wykop", "xing", "yahoo_mail", "yoolink", "yummly"];

</script>
<div class="a2a_kit a2a_kit_size_20 a2a_floating_style a2a_default_style" style="bottom:0px; left:50%; transform:translateX(-50%);">
<a class="a2a_button_facebook"></a>
<a class="a2a_button_twitter"></a>
<a class="a2a_button_whatsapp"></a>
<a class="a2a_dd a2a_counter" href="https://www.addtoany.com/share"></a>
</div>

<script async src="https://static.addtoany.com/menu/page.js"></script>';

rcane

Well, the header image "does" resize...looks like garbage, mostly because the image is smooshed together end-wise.  it's the same dimensions as the original header.png; just different content.  bad design on my part.

Regarding iphone.  It's weird.  If I save the forum using the button in safari to 'save to home screen' i get a thumbnail and such--no prob.    If i click it, the site loads but you can't get the URL address bar to appear at the top of the safari browser.  Can't touch the bottom bar area and get a "new tab" button or anything.  it's a full screen SMF forum that's going nowhere until you double-tap and close safari.  odd.

Only theme that's done that so far.

Yeah, I don't have facebook or twitter for this.  Maybe I could.  At least I know where to look.

I'll get a screen shot uploaded shortly

shadav

I have no idea what to say about the browser issue....

the share buttons are for people to share your content to those sites, they're not links to your social media

rcane

Quote from: shadav on January 29, 2022, 11:09:37 PMI have no idea what to say about the browser issue....

the share buttons are for people to share your content to those sites, they're not links to your social media

It's okay. the social media bits I've covered. 

That browser thing--just whoa.   going to re-install the theme and see if I can duplicate it.

Advertisement: