First SMF install has error

Started by kateydrop, November 19, 2005, 10:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kateydrop

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

help please

I clicked install.php and got the above error.

Thanks for any help.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life - no one comes to the father except through me.

redone

Check that all the required files have been uploaded and reside in the correct directories. Also, make sure you have set the correct permissions. More information on how to install SMF can be found here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=6765.0

~redone

kateydrop

Thanks redone,

Its my first manual install. i tried running the intsall.php also ftp my domain following the guide. now I will check all premnissions.

;D

No joy,

I uploaded the zip to the folder I created and then did the database, after that I unzipped the files in admincp. all the files from the zip are there. including thew zip. the files  are all chmodded to 777. am I missing something because its still errors?

Thanks.
"I am the way, the truth, and the life - no one comes to the father except through me.

beemer

If that doesnt work and all the files are there try   chmodding everything to 755
http://www.bmw7resource.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC1
MKP 1.1 RC1
Helios Multi RC1
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thefishsheadnhorsesarse.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC2
TinyPortal 0.8.6

redone

If you send me the information I will take a look. PM sent.

;)

~redone

kateydrop

Hya redone,

I have responed and thanks.

Have lunch and a beer first...lmaooooo

Beemer: I did all that last night and got into trouble from my host. he says NEVER! well for the benefit of all members her this is what they say about files:

Quotefiles should be 644 top a max of 666 or maybe once in a blue moon 755 for read write
and ruturned to 644 after setup

folders must only be 755 unless it is a data folder with no files in it other than a writable config file

:o

kateydrop

Resolved

Thanks for trying redone I appreciate your help. I had to uninstall and use Fantastico script.

:)

redone

Your welcome. Fantastico is always a nice thing to have around to save time.

Good luck with your forum.

:)

~redone

kateydrop

Thank you,

Nice of you to take the time. I have sent you a new pm.

:D :D

Advertisement: