Advertisement:

Author Topic: Light Portal  (Read 16431 times)

Offline forumovod

• Semi-Newbie
    • Community of forum owners
Re: Light Portal
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2021, 08:53:50 AM »
Bugo

Не совсем понятна логика настройки показов блоков.
Например, если создать "Блок с HTML-кодом" и в нем выбрать в Правах доступа "Показывать всем", то гостям блок не показывается. Нужно переходить в настройки портала "Права доступа" и там включать доступ для гостей "Кто может просматривать элементы портала".
Community of forum owners (сообщество владельцев форумов на любых движках) https://forumovod.ru

Offline Bugo

• SMF Friend
  • SMF Hero
    • dragomano on GitHub
    • Support me on Ko-fi
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2021, 12:08:01 PM »
If I add a photo to the article, then the main page does not contain short content, only three dots are displayed. I added a sample photo 700x250, I understand that this photo may be too large. I think it should be possible to set the width and height of the image thumbnail or article window.
You can use CSS for that. What page type did you use? HTML? BBC?

So is it now possible to adjust the height and width of the article window to the size shown in this screen? (orange frame)
Go to the portal settings, set "Number of columns for displaying articles" to "2 columns". Other things (width, height, etc) can be changed via HTML/CSS by creating your own template layout for the front page.

And is it now possible to create a text window over articles? I mean such a window (green frame).
Of course, it is a simple block with HTML/Markdown content within the Top Center/Header panels.

Не совсем понятна логика настройки показов блоков.
Например, если создать "Блок с HTML-кодом" и в нем выбрать в Правах доступа "Показывать всем", то гостям блок не показывается. Нужно переходить в настройки портала "Права доступа" и там включать доступ для гостей "Кто может просматривать элементы портала".
Please use the Russian Support forum for your questions.

Offline jsx

« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2021, 01:32:33 PM »
What page type did you use? HTML? BBC?

I created a test HTML and BBC article and in these two types it's the same with this image thumbnail on the home page.

Go to the portal settings, set "Number of columns for displaying articles" to "2 columns". Other things (width, height, etc) can be changed via HTML/CSS by creating your own template layout for the front page.

I have 2 columns set up, but in my opinion the article window is too high and wide. This is just my opinion, but I think that Nibogo on his portal used a good article window size. And the user's avatar is displayed, in my opinion, this diversifies the appearance of the article window. Maybe you like the current look of the article window in LP and I understand it, but maybe you will improve it someday. I would like to try to set it the same. How do I add my own HTML/CSS template for the home page for the article window?

Of course, it is a simple block with HTML/Markdown content within the Top Center/Header panels.

Thanks for the tip.

Currently, when I save any setting, e.g. in block editing, I am automatically moved to the main block management. It is annoying that every time I save a setting, it move me from the setting to the previous page. Have you thought to change it?
The Great Winged Hussars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCdNC1i2eZE

We remember
In september
When The Winged Hussars arrived!

Offline Bugo

• SMF Friend
  • SMF Hero
    • dragomano on GitHub
    • Support me on Ko-fi
« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2021, 12:08:06 AM »
How do I add my own HTML/CSS template for the home page for the article window?
All templates are located in /Themes/default/LightPortal dir. See this documentation.

Currently, when I save any setting, e.g. in block editing, I am automatically moved to the main block management. It is annoying that every time I save a setting, it move me from the setting to the previous page. Have you thought to change it?
You do not need to save the settings on each tab, just change the necessary ones and the "Save" button will apply all the changes. Well, I can add buttons like "Save and Exit" and "Save". I just did not think that the user needed to stay in the block editing window after saving the settings.