News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Light Portal

Started by Bugo, March 25, 2020, 07:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forumovod

Bugo

Не совсем понятна логика настройки показов блоков.
Например, если создать "Блок с HTML-кодом" и в нем выбрать в Правах доступа "Показывать всем", то гостям блок не показывается. Нужно переходить в настройки портала "Права доступа" и там включать доступ для гостей "Кто может просматривать элементы портала".
Community of forum owners (сообщество владельцев форумов на любых движках) https://forumovod.ru

Bugo

Quote from: jsx on April 07, 2021, 03:28:22 AM
If I add a photo to the article, then the main page does not contain short content, only three dots are displayed. I added a sample photo 700x250, I understand that this photo may be too large. I think it should be possible to set the width and height of the image thumbnail or article window.
You can use CSS for that. What page type did you use? HTML? BBC?

So is it now possible to adjust the height and width of the article window to the size shown in this screen? (orange frame)
Go to the portal settings, set "Number of columns for displaying articles" to "2 columns". Other things (width, height, etc) can be changed via HTML/CSS by creating your own template layout for the front page.

And is it now possible to create a text window over articles? I mean such a window (green frame).
Of course, it is a simple block with HTML/Markdown content within the Top Center/Header panels.

Quote from: forumovod on April 07, 2021, 08:53:50 AM
Не совсем понятна логика настройки показов блоков.
Например, если создать "Блок с HTML-кодом" и в нем выбрать в Правах доступа "Показывать всем", то гостям блок не показывается. Нужно переходить в настройки портала "Права доступа" и там включать доступ для гостей "Кто может просматривать элементы портала".
Please use the Russian Support forum for your questions.

jsx

QuoteWhat page type did you use? HTML? BBC?

I created a test HTML and BBC article and in these two types it's the same with this image thumbnail on the home page.

QuoteGo to the portal settings, set "Number of columns for displaying articles" to "2 columns". Other things (width, height, etc) can be changed via HTML/CSS by creating your own template layout for the front page.

I have 2 columns set up, but in my opinion the article window is too high and wide. This is just my opinion, but I think that Nibogo on his portal used a good article window size. And the user's avatar is displayed, in my opinion, this diversifies the appearance of the article window. Maybe you like the current look of the article window in LP and I understand it, but maybe you will improve it someday. I would like to try to set it the same. How do I add my own HTML/CSS template for the home page for the article window?

QuoteOf course, it is a simple block with HTML/Markdown content within the Top Center/Header panels.

Thanks for the tip.

Currently, when I save any setting, e.g. in block editing, I am automatically moved to the main block management. It is annoying that every time I save a setting, it move me from the setting to the previous page. Have you thought to change it?

Bugo

Quote from: jsx on April 07, 2021, 01:32:33 PM
How do I add my own HTML/CSS template for the home page for the article window?
All templates are located in /Themes/default/LightPortal dir. See this documentation.

Currently, when I save any setting, e.g. in block editing, I am automatically moved to the main block management. It is annoying that every time I save a setting, it move me from the setting to the previous page. Have you thought to change it?
You do not need to save the settings on each tab, just change the necessary ones and the "Save" button will apply all the changes. Well, I can add buttons like "Save and Exit" and "Save". I just did not think that the user needed to stay in the block editing window after saving the settings.

pocttopus

What's new in 1.8?

After installing/updating from 1.7.1 I have these issues at 1.8:

Sorry but the file specified could not be opened: /home/xxx/public_html/Sources/LightPortal/Settings.php

/home/xxx/public_html/Sources/LightPortal/Settings.php (Line 454)

I am not able to see line 454 with browser, I must go through the hosting and see what's inside.

Bugo

v1.8

* Fixed found issues
* Added filter by plugins
* Added "Show pagination" option for the main page
* Added separate styles for some plugins
* Changed some templates

Quote from: pocttopus on June 07, 2021, 04:10:52 AM
After installing/updating from 1.7.1 I have these issues at 1.8:

Sorry but the file specified could not be opened: /home/xxx/public_html/Sources/LightPortal/Settings.php

/home/xxx/public_html/Sources/LightPortal/Settings.php (Line 454)
Temporarily disable such addons like FacebookComments, VkComments, etc.

Bugo

v1.8.1

* Fixed found issues
* Added simple pagination for the frontpage articles
* Improved plugin settings
* Updated some plugins

Bugo

Bugo

v1.9

* Improved the plugin system.
* The function of adding a new plugin is moved from the portal code to a separate addon (PluginMaker).
* The AdsBlock addon: added parameters "Loader code" (code to be loaded inside <head></head> tags) and "End time" (the blocks will be automatically disabled if the end time is enabled).
* Various user interface improvements.
You cannot view this attachment.
* Added several new templates for the frontpage.
* The InstagramFeed addon was removed.
* Added block with visualization of portal cache usage (enabled in the portal settings, Advanced tab).
* Added InitialAvatars addon which generates SVG avatars from the member initials.
* Properly packaged addons can now be installed as regular modifications via the SMF Package Manager.
* Added Pug addon, with support for appropriate syntax in pages and blocks. Pug markup, like Markdown, makes it easier to write HTML code. Correspondingly, support for Pug syntax by the CodeMirror addon has been added.
* Updated block classes and styles. There are currently 120 different design variants available.
* Returned the ability to assign permissions for creating your own portal blocks.
* Added option to enable weekly optimization of portal tables.
* Added options for compatibility mode, in which, for example, the portal action can be changed from "portal" to another to use Light Portal simultaneously with other similar modifications.
* Added a SimpleMenu addon.
* Fixed found issues.

Note: Large addons (currently InitialAvatars, PluginMaker, Pug) are not included in the portal package, but can be downloaded and installed separately, as regular SMF modifications.

How to upgrade (if you want to save blocks and pages):

0) Upgrade to v1.8.2 (just copy the contents of the Sources directory from the archive over the same directory on your server, replacing the files).
1) Make an export of pages and blocks.
2) Delete the portal completely, including the tables added to the database.
3) Install the new version.
4) Make import pages and blocks.

Light Portal is always waiting for new localizers, frontpage theme makers, and testers ;)

Mick.

Very nice. I'll update tonight  8)

Mick.

Oh and yes, glad you removed the Instagram block. The developers quit it since Instagram kept updating their code lol

Diego Andrés

Neat update Bugo, I love the package manager integration is very useful one of my new favorite hooks

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Mick.

I was able to export Blocks  ;) But,....

It failed to export Pages.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Bugo\LightPortal\Category' not found in /home/***/www/idesignsmf.com/public_html/Sources/LightPortal/impex/PageExport.php:218 Stack trace: #0 /home/***/www/idesignsmf.com/public_html/Sources/LightPortal/impex/PageExport.php(260): Bugo\LightPortal\Impex\PageExport->getCategories() #1 /home/***/www/idesignsmf.com/public_html/Sources/LightPortal/impex/AbstractExport.php(31): Bugo\LightPortal\Impex\PageExport->getXmlFile() #2 /home/***/www/idesignsmf.com/public_html/Sources/LightPortal/impex/PageExport.php(44): Bugo\LightPortal\Impex\AbstractExport->run() #3 /home/***/www/idesignsmf.com/public_html/Sources/Subs.php(5278): Bugo\LightPortal\Impex\PageExport->main() #4 /home/***/www/idesignsmf.com/public_html/Sources/LightPortal/Settings.php(866): call_helper(Array) #5 /home/***/www/idesignsmf.com/public_html/Sources/LightPortal/Settings.php(774): Bugo\LightPortal\Settings->loadGeneralSettingParameters(Array, 'main') #6 /home/***/www/idesignsmf.com/publi in /home/***/www/idesignsmf.com/public_html/Sources/LightPortal/impex/PageExport.php on line 218

Bugo

@Mick., the update 1.8.2 fixes the export.

Mick.

Quote from: Bugo on August 28, 2021, 08:59:19 PM@Mick., the update 1.8.2 fixes the export.
Got it. I did'nt know there was 1.8.2 That fixed it but, FYI,  I got an error when export blocks:
QuoteFatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/***/www/idesignsmf.com/public_html/Sources/LightPortal/addons/AdsBlock/Template.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php74/pear') in /home/***/www/idesignsmf.com/public_html/Sources/LightPortal/addons/AdsBlock/AdsBlock.php on line 220

I turned it off in Plugins page and it worked.

Bugo

v1.9.1

* Fixed found issues
* Updated some addons
* Improved the compatibility mode
* Added some visual improvements

How to update from v1.9:
* Remove the addons dir
* Just extract Sources and Themes folders from the modification package replacing the existing ones

How to update from v1.8 and below:
* See this post

Mick.

Hey bro, in version 1.9 I'm trying to change this from 150 to 350 but is not changing. Is there another place that might be over-riding the changes that I need to know?

.article_list {
display: grid;
grid-template-columns: repeat(auto-fit, minmax(150px, 1fr));
grid-gap: 0 10px;
}

The article list is bunched up at 150px. For my design, I need to change it to 350px;
https://www.idesignsmf.com/index.php?page=themes

Mick.

Nevermind... Found it hidden in Sources.  ArticleList/style.css  had to comment it out in portal.css

.article_list {
   display: grid;
   grid-template-columns: repeat(auto-fit, minmax(150px, 1fr));
   grid-gap: 0 10px;
}

Bugo

v1.9.2

* Fixed found issues
* Added support for special custom template layers
* Added new hooks
* Updated docs
* Added Javascript Color Picker for addon's settings with input type="color"