smf on linux neon

Started by anteas, April 19, 2020, 01:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anteas

Hello, for a few days I have been struggling and there I am falling. I cannot start the installation of smf under linux. The same installation goes without problem under windows 10 with xampp but under linux the smf does not want to know anything. Whatever I do I always make a mistake.

"This installer can connect via FTP to fix the files that need to be writable and are not. If this doesn't work for you, you will have to go in manually and make the files writable. Please note that this doesn't support SSL right now.
Unable to connect to FTP server with this combination of details. "

I downloaded smf several times from the official site and I tried all the extensions because each time I had an error that this or that file was missing. There, I no longer miss any file but it does not start. Ftp error and nowhere I can't find any information to guide me. Can you help me please?
thanks

Kindred

Well, if you set your files to the correct chmod to start with,  the server won't need ftp....

But your error has nothing to do with linux, per say...  it's a po problem in your web server configuration that you don't have ftp correctly setup
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

m4z

What webserver are you using? What database, and which version? What's your PHP version? Which steps did you do, what exactly are you seeing, what works and what doesn't? What do you mean by " the smf does not want to know anything"?

As Kindred indicated, you probably need to run "chown" (with the correct user and/or group arguments) and/or "chmod" (with the correct permissions for your setup) on your webserver's document root or smf directory.
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Advertisement: