Error 500 with I click on "GDPR Compliance" within Admin > core features

Started by Wellwisher, June 06, 2020, 05:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wellwisher

I updated to 2.0.17 (PHP v5.6 FastCGI) yesterday. I am running two copies of this forum, one locally (to test) and the live version - they are both identical.

With localhost, I can go to Admin> Configuration > core features > and click on "GDPR Compliance" and I get zero errors and it takes me to privacy tabs that I can edit. Works like a charm.

However on my live site, when I click this, I get this error on chrome:

This page isn't working www.myforum.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

By the way, the rest of my forum is working fine on the live site. It's only when an admin clicks this, it shows this error

Any help or suggestions welcome

Arantor

Anything in either SMF's error log or the server error log?

A 500 error should generate an error *somewhere*. If not, ask your host how to get them logged.

Wellwisher

I can't see any error's showing up in SMF error log file, had a look in the database "smf_log_errors", nothing in there too.  :-\ What's doing my head in is that the copies on my localhost and live site are the identical. There shouldn't be an issue.  :-\

I will speak to the web-host like you suggested. But in the mean time, if someone has a gut feeling as to what's going on, let me know.

Deaks

the database log you looked at would show same as the smf error log, the server error log can be found on cpanel.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Wellwisher

Whilst I am waiting for a reply from my host.

I spotted this, seems to be the only "new error" and there's a number of them:

SMF ERROR LOG:

https://www.mysite.com/forum/index.php?action=reminder;sa=picktype
A non well formed numeric value encountered
File: /home/site/site.com/forum/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1325

The code from the file:

1324: // Try to connect to the SMTP server... if it doesn't exist, only wait three seconds.
==>1325: if (!$socket = fsockopen($modSettings['smtp_host'], empty($modSettings['smtp_port']) ? 25 : $modSettings['smtp_port'], $errno, $errstr, 3))
1326: {
1327: // Maybe we can still save this?  The port might be wrong.
1328: if (substr($modSettings['smtp_host'], 0, 4) == 'ssl:' && (empty($modSettings['smtp_port']) || $modSettings['smtp_port'] == 25))
1329: {
1330: if ($socket = fsockopen($modSettings['smtp_host'], 465, $errno, $errstr, 3))
1331: log_error($txt['smtp_port_ssl']);
1332: }
1333:
1334: // Unable to connect!  Don't show any error message, but just log one and try to continue anyway.
1335: if (!$socket)
1336: {
1337: log_error($txt['smtp_no_connect'] . ': ' . $errno . ' : ' . $errstr);
1338: return false;
1339: }
1340: }

Wellwisher

Hi everyone  :) ,

My web-host has got back to me with this information:

The error I am seeing repeated is the following:

[Mon Jun 08 00:30:09 2020] [warn] [client XXX.XXX.XX.XXX] mod_fcgid:
stderr: PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare template_edit
_privacy_policy() (previously declared in
/home/sitename/mysite.com/forum/Themes/default/Register.template.php:800)
in

/home/sitename/mysite.com/forum/Themes/default/Register.template.php
on line 943, referer: https://www.mysite.com/
forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=5pMmXOy6pKn-IhKfsZF8c3&action=register

That's the error being logged in /home/sitename/logs/mysite.com/https
(but the logs directory is owned by the webserver group, and ftp access
isn't sufficient. sftp allows for the proper security groups to access
the path)

https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/216512197-Viewing-your-access-and-error-logs-via-SFTP

Wellwisher

Solved it, I just reuploaded "Register.template.php" from my local (Themes/default/Register.template.php) dir to the live site. I can see the editable GDPR privacy tabs now - noice.  ;D ;D ;D

I am still confused why it showed me an error in the first place as my local install worked perfectly.

Thanks for pointing me to the right place guys.

Advertisement: