Left Alignment

Started by jbridges87, June 09, 2020, 01:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbridges87

Sorry, should I be inspecting the element at the point the message board doesn't load?

It seems to me, that when the donate animation comes into screen, it is pushing the board out some how. I don't know what that means from a coding perspective, but if you notice the video, the board will load for a brief moment, but disappear as soon as the donate animation comes into the screen. It happens really fast, and is hard to see.

Come by and check out my sports forum, here.
Running SMF v2.0.17

Antechinus

Ok, played it through at a very slow frame rate. You're talking about the reply/new topic page going missing in action, yes? Not the board as such. I can see where it gets pushed out. There's a weird vertical striping background left where the form was.

I can't tell from the video what might be causing it. If you use the document inspector, look for form id="postmodify" and see if there is any CSS being applied to it over in the right panel. Highlighting it in the HTML should also tell you where it is (or would be) on the screen.

jbridges87

Yes, I'm referring to the reply page disappearing once the donate section is loaded.

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but I'm not exactly familiar with what the document inspector is, unless you just mean the developer tools?
I tried to inspect the page for the form id, as you mentioned, but I don't see anything. It's likely I'm not doing something right, as I'm an amateur with this stuff.

I attached a video of where I was looking.
Is this the right area?
Running SMF v2.0.17

Antechinus

It's inside div id="main_content_section".

jbridges87

I noticed the block section for the donate buttons are larger than the share.

I made a short clip below outlining what I mean. Notice the block size when I hover over the share vs the donate section.
Could this perhaps be the cause?

Running SMF v2.0.17

Antechinus

It still doesn't tell me where your form id="postmodify" is hiding. :P If you want to find out, you have to look where I told you it is in the markup. ;)

jbridges87

Alright, I'm not sure exactly what happened, but it's working fine now. I tested in all browsers, and it's good.

The only change I made today was uninstalled the ad management mod, as it wasn't working properly for me.
There must have been some kind of file conflict going on.
Running SMF v2.0.17

Antechinus

Ah. That does not surprise me. I've had trouble with that mod before. Good to know it's working now. I was surprised it wasn't, because the CSS alterations were so basic.

Like I mentioned earlier, if you keep adding widgets from addthis.com there may end up being a conflict due to re-use of generic classes. If that happens it should be fairly obvious, so just ask about it here and someone can arrange more specific targeting to get around the problem. :)

jbridges87

Sounds good.
Thanks again for all your help!
Running SMF v2.0.17

Advertisement: