News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

php33 getting error while using converter

Started by hailstorm, September 18, 2020, 02:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hailstorm

Hello can someone please help me

I'm trying to convert using phpbb32 converter to convert phpbb33 to SMF 2.0.17

but i get this error

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of phpBB3. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.
The error that was received from the Database was: 1142

i've double checked and it's and it's got permission

any help on how to get around this or is there a php33 convert out?

kind regards,
hailstorm

vbgamer45

You don't have the right mysql permissions setup https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=1142+database+error
I have not tested phpbb3.3 on the convertor.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

hailstorm

Hello vbgamer45

Here is my permissions on my cpanel, i can't see what else would be wrong :(

Illori

Quote from: JayBachatero on January 28, 2007, 01:18:43 PM
This is a topic for common errors that you might experience while converting to SMF.

Problem: SELECT command denied to user
Info: The cause of this error is that SMF and Software X are in separate databases and the SMF database user does not have access to Software X's database.
Fix: If your host has cPanel you can add the SMF database user to Software X's database.  If your host does not have cPanel you can contact them with regards on how to accomplish this. As well as a last resort, what you can do is reinstall SMF in the same database as Software

you are looking at the permissions within the database, not the access that database user has between different databases.

hailstorm

Quote from: Illori on September 19, 2020, 05:36:00 AM
Quote from: JayBachatero on January 28, 2007, 01:18:43 PM
This is a topic for common errors that you might experience while converting to SMF.

Problem: SELECT command denied to user
Info: The cause of this error is that SMF and Software X are in separate databases and the SMF database user does not have access to Software X's database.
Fix: If your host has cPanel you can add the SMF database user to Software X's database.  If your host does not have cPanel you can contact them with regards on how to accomplish this. As well as a last resort, what you can do is reinstall SMF in the same database as Software

you are looking at the permissions within the database, not the access that database user has between different databases.

Trying the last one you said, to reinstall and use same database however i changed hosting providers and my usernames are different on both hosting providers

So how do i go about making a new MSQ username for that ?

kind regards,
hailstorm

Dzonny

User you're using blameshift_smf718 should have all privileges to both SMF and phpbb databases. So you should seek for "add user to database" or something like that in your cPanel - mysql databases.
Something like this:
https://www.liquidweb.com/kb/how-to-assign-a-user-to-a-mysql-database-in-cpanel/

Тhen manage that user to have all privileges to both databases, and you should be good to go.

hailstorm

Quote from: Dzonny on September 19, 2020, 07:00:34 AM
User you're using blameshift_smf718 should have all privileges to both SMF and phpbb databases. So you should seek for "add user to database" or something like that in your cPanel - mysql databases.
Something like this:
https://www.liquidweb.com/kb/how-to-assign-a-user-to-a-mysql-database-in-cpanel/

Тhen manage that user to have all privileges to both databases, and you should be good to go.

I've tried that after re-installing again recently, it and nope still stuck with this

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of phpBB3. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.
The error that was received from the Database was: 1142

this is really annoying,.might have to cut my losses and just start from scratch cause this isn't working

Dzonny

You're 100% sure that your user have access and privileges to smf and phpbb databases?
If you feel comfortable, you can send me cpanel access so I can take a look for ya.

hailstorm

Thank you for the offer, we've just gone ahead and start doing it from scratch but thank you anyway :)

Advertisement: