SMF 2.1 RC3 Released

Started by Suki, October 15, 2020, 07:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

lurkalot

Quote from: Steve on March 02, 2021, 08:36:08 PM
What's going on is that they're working on RC4. It'll be released when it's ready.

Think question was perhaps based around reference to the "The Future" milestone. The others are fairly self explanatory and have been there a while.

Quote from: DenDen60 on March 02, 2021, 07:06:21 PM
On Github

• RC 4
  • The Final
  • The Future

What is going on?

m4z

Quote from: DenDen60 on March 02, 2021, 07:06:21 PM
On Github

• RC 4
  • The[sic] Final
  • The Future

What is going on?

Issues (bug reports / feature requests) on Github can be put into milestones, to signal when they'll approximately be done. These milestones (in our case) describe the "when".

It's not set in stone yet if we will keep this structure, but the current idea is:

• issues put into the milestone "RC4" will be "in" (released with) version 2.1rc4 of the software (the next pre-release development version)
  • issues put into "Final" will be in the "finished", "full" version 2.1
  • issues put into "The future" will not be part of 2.1, and will be done later (in 2.2, 3.0, or whenever)

Pretty self-explanatory, no?
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

DenDen60

Quote from: m4z on March 03, 2021, 02:49:46 PM
Pretty self-explanatory, no?

Of course. ;-) I was just surprise to see this change so close after creating RC4.

gohanjaja

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Most of the time, that is not an actual error and if you just give it time - it will get past it.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

gohanjaja

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on June 13, 2021, 01:14:14 PM
Most of the time, that is not an actual error and if you just give it time - it will get past it.

is that he does not run, he is standing there doing nothing
:o
I working in localhost with xampp

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: gohanjaja on June 13, 2021, 01:51:24 PM
Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on June 13, 2021, 01:14:14 PM

is that he does not run, he is standing there doing nothing
:o
I working in localhost with xampp
Please open a support a topic at SMF 2.1.x Support if the update really is stuck.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: