SMF 2.1 RC3 Released

Started by Suki, October 15, 2020, 07:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Replikacep on October 18, 2020, 08:26:17 AM
I will continue to use rc2 I think there is nothing worth passing through

All the bug fixing makes it worth upgrading to rc3 imo.

Arantor

Only bug fixes and performance fixes (and the new privacy features) and I think a security fix, but no, nothing useful here. Obviously. Next you'll be telling me there is no reason to upgrade to final when it comes out either.

a11

It is obvious what you have done for this system, which is free and tried to be developed as time finds. It is necessary to thank each and every person who contributed. Thank you for your efforts.

I am writing via Google Translate. :) Sorry for typos.

SD-X

Quote from: Replikacep on October 18, 2020, 08:26:17 AM
I will continue to use rc2 I think there is nothing worth passing through
If you use PHP 7.4.x, using RC3 will fix the error log spam. So far I'm actually seeing less issues with RC3 than I did with RC2, and the large upgrade package made it only take a matter of seconds to update it. (It was probably the quickest and easiest update I've ever done to a forum before).

GravuTrad

Very good news. Thanks the team. ;)
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

Chen Zhen

Oh I seem to have misunderstood? Ok.

I was glad to see RC3 officially released because although I update every few months from GitHub & adjust a few of my my mods for changes, some my mod testers seem to only use what's released here. I suppose they see it as what most people will be using at the time.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

MrManager

Has anyone set up a demo installation we could check out? Would be nice to see what this actually looks like now.

Arantor

You could just set a test install up...

mapv

Congratulations to all team!!!

m4z

Quote from: AllanD on October 18, 2020, 07:35:42 AM
Quote from: SychO on October 18, 2020, 04:56:23 AM
Quote from: m4z on October 18, 2020, 04:43:45 AM
Edit: Actually that person might have actually meant it, like "I wasn't here for a couple of days, came back and saw rc3. Nice!"

I'm sure that's what he meant.

That's exactly what it was, wasn't bashing anyone, was just happy to see it.

Thanks for clarifying, it seems Chen and I misinterpreted your post to mean "The update is here, but I can't use it because I have to wait (for my mods to be updated first; or something similar)? How stupid!".
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

Robert.

SD-X

Quote from: Chen Zhen on October 18, 2020, 05:19:34 PM

Oh I seem to have misunderstood? Ok.

I was glad to see RC3 officially released because although I update every few months from GitHub & adjust a few of my my mods for changes, some my mod testers seem to only use what's released here. I suppose they see it as what most people will be using at the time.
The GitHub version is not necessarily one of these releases. It is code that is in active development. If you're worried about compatibility or issues, I would at least wait until new releases are tagged in the repository before upgrading.

Mick.

shinglis

Good news with the RC3 and thanks to all involved.

Quote from: SethStudent on October 15, 2020, 08:02:50 PM
GREAT news, congrats and thank you! My forum shares hosting with a few Wordpress sites, and lately WP has been grumbling about the outdated PHP version that I've kept due to the SMF2.0.17 7.2 limitation. I may soon update to 2.1. My forum is small and very basic, so a hiccup here or there would not be a big problem for us.

Same for me, I decided to take the gamble of running RC 2 in a small live environment. Limited users and post, not many issues reported and will update to RC3 soon.

pocttopus

landyvlad

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

DenDen60

We can hear the voice of the narrator:

"Congratulations Level 3 is now complete. You may now proceed to level 4." :-)

Congratulations everyone.
Good luck with the next level.

-Rock Lee-

Oh this is really good congratulations to all!

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Thank you to everyone involved. I updated my 15 year old live production site today, 2,984,771 Posts in 44,288 Topics - And only issues I've seen so far were fairly trivial (and reported as issues, so perhaps avoidable in the future).
No errors, no problems so far - If I do come up with something, I'll be reporting them. You can be sure of that. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

jsx

Great message. I hope you will release RC4 soon and hope the Final will be released soon. Our forums need freshness, this freshness will be introduced by 2.1

Advertisement: