News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Mod for blocking bot traffic

Started by Xpresskonami, November 28, 2020, 02:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xpresskonami

Is there any mod for blocking bot traffic. This bot traffic is really causing fake Ad click fraud. How can stop the fake bot traffic from coming to website and block them from giving fraud ad clicks?

vbgamer45

Do you know which ip's are causing it? If it is bot traffic for click fraud the ad network should filter it out.
We could block certain countries if it is a geo level and or proxies.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Xpresskonami

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 28, 2020, 09:53:40 AM
Do you know which ip's are causing it? If it is bot traffic for click fraud the ad network should filter it out.
We could block certain countries if it is a geo level and or proxies.

The Geo was from Ireland and Germany. I get huge pageviews on my Google analytics & AdSense like 4000+ pageviews and 0 clicks. And sometimes I got lot of clicks from this two Geo. And this always get my AdSense limited all the time. Please any way to stop the bot traffic.

vbgamer45

I use something like this to stop vpn/proxy traffic on some of my sites.  GEOIP you can use maxmind to stop bots.

function shapeSpace_block_proxy_visits() {

$headers = array('CLIENT_IP','FORWARDED','FORWARDED_FOR','FORWARDED_FOR_IP','VIA','X_FORWARDED','X_FORWARDED_FOR','HTTP_CLIENT_IP','HTTP_FORWARDED','HTTP_FORWARDED_FOR','HTTP_FORWARDED_FOR_IP','HTTP_PROXY_CONNECTION','HTTP_VIA','HTTP_X_FORWARDED','HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR');

foreach ($headers as $header){
if (isset($_SERVER[$header])) {
die('Proxy access not allowed.');
}
}
}

Another idea signup for cloudflare and blocks many bots just requires a dns change and they have a free plan
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Xpresskonami

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 28, 2020, 10:50:09 PM
I use something like this to stop vpn/proxy traffic on some of my sites.  GEOIP you can use maxmind to stop bots.

function shapeSpace_block_proxy_visits() {

$headers = array('CLIENT_IP','FORWARDED','FORWARDED_FOR','FORWARDED_FOR_IP','VIA','X_FORWARDED','X_FORWARDED_FOR','HTTP_CLIENT_IP','HTTP_FORWARDED','HTTP_FORWARDED_FOR','HTTP_FORWARDED_FOR_IP','HTTP_PROXY_CONNECTION','HTTP_VIA','HTTP_X_FORWARDED','HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR');

foreach ($headers as $header){
if (isset($_SERVER[$header])) {
die('Proxy access not allowed.');
}
}
}

Another idea signup for cloudflare and blocks many bots just requires a dns change and they have a free plan

Thanks for your feedback. I already signed up for Cloudflare and I still keep seeing the bots. I was thinking maybe they comes from Opera news feed.

But please explain how I can use the Function code you drop and let me try and see if it going to stop it. Thanks once more

vbgamer45

That blocks common proxies/bots.
If you want to stop access completely.... You would add the function to either index.php or sources/subs.php
Then call it from index.php

I use this function on registration normally.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: