News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Caching/Refreshing Issue

Started by ziycon, January 13, 2021, 11:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziycon

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 14, 2021, 04:29:46 PM
Haven't seen this behavior on any forums I've been working, on various hosts.  Running FF 81.0.2.  Can we have a link to forum?

It's not on the web yet, still in development on a local server, I'm running the latest version of Firefox 84.0.2.

Sir Osis of Liver

I'm thinking it has something to do with your local setup.  Can you do a test install on host server?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

ziycon

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 14, 2021, 05:24:19 PM
I'm thinking it has something to do with your local setup.  Can you do a test install on host server?

I'm pretty sure it's not the configuration as it's only occurring on Firefox and no other browsers I've tested it on, Chrome, IE/Edge and Safari are all ok.

It'll be another few days until I have a chance to setup the production VM where the site will be hosted.

Sir Osis of Liver

If you still have the problem when you get the forum online, would be curious to see if earlier FF version does same.  The nice folks at mozilla are constantly tinkering with it, and gets a bit ragged at times.  I'm still at FF81 because last update trashed the install and reset to scratch, lost all settings and had to recover bookmarks from backup.  Disabled updates and notifications so I'm staying at 81 for a while.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

ziycon

Advertisement: